Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mailer-Daemon Email

Mailer-Daemon Email

lee

Does anyone know how I can get shut of this V-annoying email.
It comes with the subject Returned mail: user unknown
and is from Mail delivery subsystem.
I don't mind the odd spam but this hits my mail box 5 times daily
and contains a virus attachment.

Any help out there please.//
More info about the mail below.

X-From_: MAILER-DAEMON Wed Aug 20 19:36:15 2003
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:36:13 +0000
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <(E-Mail Removed)>
To: <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

lee

"Sharon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> It is because of the Sobig Virus.It arrives in an e-mail with an
> attachment that when opened infects the computer and sends itself on to
> other victims using a random e-mail address from the address book,
> making it difficult to trace the worm back to its source. So, if
> someone that has your email address is affected it may pick your email
> address from the computer to make it appear that all the virus
> attachments it send out are from you. Then someone's firewall or virus
> protection program intercepts it and , thinking it was sent by you,
> notifies you that the message was intercepted and returned because it
> has a virus.
>
> Sharon

#Thanks for the advice but this is this is the
W32.Mimail.A@mm - and a bitch it is
main thing i would like to know is how to stop the email which contains thge
virus
coming through every time i log on.

Liz

"lee" wrote:
> #Thanks for the advice but this is this is the
> W32.Mimail.A@mm - and a bitch it is
> main thing i would like to know is how to stop the email which contains thge
> virus
> coming through every time i log on.

Scan and delete the infected files.
http://(E-Mail Removed)

Configure your email server to block or remove email
that contains file attachments that are commonly used to
spread viruses, such as .vbs, .bat, .exe, .pif and .scr files.

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as lee continued:

> "Sharon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> It is because of the Sobig Virus.It arrives in an e-mail with an
>> attachment that when opened infects the computer and sends itself on
>> to other victims using a random e-mail address from the address book,
>> making it difficult to trace the worm back to its source. So, if
>> someone that has your email address is affected it may pick your
>> email address from the computer to make it appear that all the virus
>> attachments it send out are from you. Then someone's firewall or
>> virus protection program intercepts it and , thinking it was sent by
>> you, notifies you that the message was intercepted and returned
>> because it has a virus.
>>
>> Sharon

> #Thanks for the advice but this is this is the
> W32.Mimail.A@mm - and a bitch it is
> main thing i would like to know is how to stop the email which
> contains thge virus
> coming through every time i log on.

That's what message rules are for.
--
slumpy
no more

lee

"slumpy" > Wrote

> That's what message rules are for.

"Lee replied" >
>Well I say, Thankyou Very much for Giving me such a wide scope

and thorough response to my Question.

I better look into message rules on outlook // I better read up on outlook
Cause I isn't gonna get no clues from U "Mr spunky" ~

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as lee continued:

> "slumpy" > Wrote
>>
>> That's what message rules are for.

> "Lee replied" >
>> Well I say, Thankyou Very much for Giving me such a wide scope

> and thorough response to my Question.
>
> I better look into message rules on outlook // I better read up on
> outlook Cause I isn't gonna get no clues from U "Mr spunky" ~

What 'clue' did you want ? FFS it isn't ****in rocket science - hit F1 and
type in 'rules' and all will be revealed.

"I don't make house-calls."
--
slumpy
no more

What the **** have you been taking, Doofus ?
--
slumpy
no more

> "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bi34g3$4plce$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as lee continued:
>>
>>> "slumpy" > Wrote

>>> "Lee replied" >
>>> and thorough response to my Question.
>>>
>>> I better look into message rules on outlook // I better read up on
>>> outlook Cause I isn't gonna get no clues from U "Mr spunky" ~

>> What 'clue' did you want ? FFS it isn't ****in rocket science - hit
>> F1 and type in 'rules' and all will be revealed.
>>
>> "I don't make house-calls."
>> --
>> slumpy
>> no more
>> no less
>> just slumpy

lee

I new that You coudln`t resist the temptation (from ur anger) To reply.

LiGhTs Out ~DIKWART

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as lee continued:

> I new that You coudln`t resist the temptation (from ur anger) To
> reply.
>
> LiGhTs Out ~DIKWART

Goodnight. Glad to see Mummy's still making you go to bed at 8.30.
--
slumpy
no more

lee

8.35 nobhead#

news:bi36uq$4qa24$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...