Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problem with error's (the error report thing)

problem with error's (the error report thing)

kika_chuck

Hey all, I have been having problem's today with error's while running
Internet Explorer and most recently outlook express, thankfully the
problem doesn't occur with IE so I can post this using Google (which
is a pain in the ass). The problem is, everytime I type anything I get
that error message that pops up (you know the one that asks you if you
want to send an error report to microsoft) everytime I type anything.
Here are some details from the error report:

AppName: msimn.exe Appver: 6.0.2800.1123 ModName:wbhook32.dll
Modver: 6.2.1019.0 offset: 00005d62

again I had this same problem with IE which seemed to have cleared up
but now it's with outlook express, any ideas? a virus?

kika_chuck

Boomer

kika_chuck said:

> Hey all, I have been having problem's today with error's while
> running Internet Explorer and most recently outlook express,
> thankfully the problem doesn't occur with IE so I can post this
> using Google (which is a pain in the ass). The problem is,
> everytime I type anything I get that error message that pops up
> (you know the one that asks you if you want to send an error
> report to microsoft) everytime I type anything. Here are some
> details from the error report:
>
> AppName: msimn.exe Appver: 6.0.2800.1123 ModName:wbhook32.dll
> Modver: 6.2.1019.0 offset: 00005d62
>
> again I had this same problem with IE which seemed to have cleared
> up but now it's with outlook express, any ideas? a virus?
>
> kika_chuck

Do you use a McAfee product?

If so something here might help.
324398 - McAfee VirusScan Causes an Error Message in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324398
and
http://www.dietk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=916

Further information:
http://tinyurl.com/kqk3

Boomer

kika_chuck said:

> Yep, that seemed to be exactly the problem...thanks a lot!
>
> kika_chuck

You're welcome.