Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hotmail in newsgroup

hotmail in newsgroup

DRM

I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Philip SC

> I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
> leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
> any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

The easiest thing to do is to type in a completely false email address in
your newsgroup settings for Outlook Express.

Eddie Grant

"DRM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KC31b.7103$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
> leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
> any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

*bangs head against wall*

trout

DRM wrote:

> I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as
> this leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
> any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

There are many options. You can disguise, (or munge) a real address,
if you *want* people to be able to figure it out and mail you directly.
(Why, I don't know. Some people do.)
You can make up a totally false address.
Or, you can certainly use your Hotmail address. If you *do* want to read
people that might mail you from the newsgroup, you may want to tell them
a key word to put in the subject line, and filter everything else. Sure,
it'll attract a ton of spam; but it *is* Hotmail, after all.
--
"Not much point in holding an umbrella over the ocean."

Barry OGrady

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:16:31 +0100, "DRM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
>leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
>any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

You should only post with a hotmail address if it is your address.

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

Barry OGrady

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:24:34 +0000 (UTC), "Philip SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
>> leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
>> any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

>The easiest thing to do is to type in a completely false email address in
>your newsgroup settings for Outlook Express.

That is a very dangerous thing to do. Get rid of outlook completely.

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

wireless and hotmail account =?Utf-8?B?VmxhZA==?= Wireless Networking 2 03-11-2005 05:55 PM
Hotmail popper - Hotmail => pop3 access <eom> Paul D.Smith ASP General 0 10-14-2004 01:05 PM
Hotmail clash LadySpudz Firefox 3 04-23-2004 08:36 AM
help regarding msn and hotmail in mail vc Firefox 6 04-03-2004 08:22 PM

Advertisments