Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE problems

IE problems

Hooter

The page cannot be displayed
when clicking on some url links on a certain web page
the page will not open, right click and open in new window
I get the 'The page cannot be displayed' error. I then fired up the laptop
and went to the same web site and did not have a problem. Could there
be something wrong with my desktop settings on IE. I am running winxp
and IE version 6.
reply's to previous
1.Get into the habit of emptying your temporary internet files
on a regular basis - including offline content.
2.Or deleting the cookies after you go into Windows explorer followed by a
rebooting.
Have done all house keeping etc... but still unable to view some pages. Also
found IE says detecting proxy settings while looking for web site and fails
to display some gif' images I have created on my web site, again OK on
laptop.

Laptop displays a banner add which pops up when linking to site, desktop
fails to show this. I am sure there is something wrong with my desktop IE.

Please help

Boomer

Hooter said:

> The page cannot be displayed
> when clicking on some url links on a certain web page
> the page will not open, right click and open in new window
> I get the 'The page cannot be displayed' error. I then fired up
> the laptop and went to the same web site and did not have a
> problem. Could there be something wrong with my desktop settings
> on IE. I am running winxp and IE version 6.
> --------- --
> reply's to previous
> 1.Get into the habit of emptying your temporary internet files
> on a regular basis - including offline content.
> 2.Or deleting the cookies after you go into Windows explorer
> followed by a rebooting.
> --------- --
> Have done all house keeping etc... but still unable to view some
> pages. Also found IE says detecting proxy settings while looking
> for web site and fails to display some gif' images I have created
> on my web site, again OK on laptop.
>
> Laptop displays a banner add which pops up when linking to site,
> desktop fails to show this. I am sure there is something wrong
> with my desktop IE.
>
> Please help

Hi

You had three replies.