Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Using a virtual CD drive such as Daemon.....when and why?

Using a virtual CD drive such as Daemon.....when and why?

Arawak

I have come across a lot of information about Virtual CD Drives but
although I downloaded a free on and can see the drive, I don't know
why, when or how I would use it. No wise cracks needed but basic
suggestions on the use of the virtual CD Drive.

TIA
Arawak

Jj

Arawak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have come across a lot of information about Virtual CD Drives but
> although I downloaded a free on and can see the drive, I don't know
> why, when or how I would use it. No wise cracks needed but basic
> suggestions on the use of the virtual CD Drive.
>
> TIA
> Arawak

If you use cd image files then you can use them without burning them to
cd. If you are having difficulty burning a cd, then making an image
instead allows you to test what you are doing, cutting down the number
of wasted CDs. Some virtual cd drives such as daemon tools are able to
get around CD protections, this is supposed to be so that you can use
backup copies of your software, keeping the original disks safe. Info on
backing up software is available from:
http://www.cdmediaworld.com
Obviously backing up software is very similar to pirating software.

Info on image files:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20980