Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > System idle process

System idle process

m8ee

I turned this on a few days ago (xp pro) but I can't remember how to turn it
off
Any ideas?

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"m8ee" <L.Hatherall@*removethis*btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:bi1cdk$n6v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I turned this on a few days ago (xp pro) but I can't remember how to turn

it
> off

Well, since the System Idle Process is the CPU time that's not used
anywhere else ... no, you didn't turn it on.

How to turn it off? Start --> Shutdown.

Or run something that requires more CPU time - SIP is just what's
left over.

> Any ideas?

Sure. THINK about what you're asking sometime.

RwP

Fuzzy Logic

"m8ee" <L.Hatherall@*removethis*btinternet.com> wrote in
news:bi1cdk$n6v$(E-Mail Removed):

> I turned this on a few days ago (xp pro) but I can't remember how to
> turn it off
> Any ideas?

Pick one of these. It will get rid of any idle time you have:

http://www.aspenleaf.com/distributed...-projects.html