Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Jetaudio player difficulty

Re: Jetaudio player difficulty

°Mike°

It appears that WMV files are not supported, and I would guess
that you have to have Real Player installed for Real support.

http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jet...supported.html

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:56:06 -0500, in
<bi15ph$3uop7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Jim scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

My mistake. Still, if you are only having trouble with *some*
files, it is most likely a codec issue, except for the Real format,
which I believe you must have Real Player installed. Do you
have the DivX codecs installed? Have you checked which
decoder is quoted in the file properties?

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:58:59 -0500, in
<bi19fg$46uve$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Jim scrawled:

>Mike, you were looking at the version 4.0. The new 5.0 is the one I
>downloaded. It says it supports nearly all formats. Here's a link.
>Sorry to have to correct you, but I don't get the chance very often.
>

>http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jet...atures_01.html
>
>For all the good it will do me. I still can't get the thing to play the
>files and I've even downloaded the user manual to check!
>
>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> It appears that WMV files are not supported, and I would guess
>> that you have to have Real Player installed for Real support.
>>
>> http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jet...supported.html
>>

>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:56:06 -0500, in
>> <bi15ph$3uop7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
>> Jim scrawled:
>>
>> >I just downloaded the player and am trying to get it to play some

>older
>> >files on my system. What settings must I check to make sure the

>player
>> >is handling the correct files? I doubt it's just a matter of

>clicking
>> >on the file and it plays in Jetaudio, because it will work on SOME

>files
>> >but not all. The files giving me the most trouble are real files and
>> >.wmv's (windows media player). I believe the settings are correct

>for
>> >these though although when I first downloaded I didn't see a mention

>of
>> >these particular file extensions. There is no "help" file for

>Jetaudio
>> >either.
>> >
>> >Can someone help? Is there a fix for this problem available? I've

>seen
>> >no mention of bugs for the version I downloaded (most recent).

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

Jim

About that, the only thing I get of use when I right click on the file
is the extension of the file (ex .ram, .mov, .wmp, etc). Is this what
you're referring to? I installed the DivX from the link you gave. I
*assume* WMP or Jetaudio would know where to look for these, right? Or
do I have to direct them to the DivX pack?

I thought maybe it could be a virus issue, so I remembered I hadn't run
Spybot for about two weeks (still have AVG though) so I gave it a go. I
then tried to update and the program froze. So I pressed cntrl-alt-del
and the program wasn't responding (obvious but true). This has happened
with OE before too. Any suggestions on the cause?

I suppose a little system maintenance wouldn't hurt...

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:03:52 -0500, in
> <bi1d95$4brte$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> Jim scrawled:
>
> >About that, the only thing I get of use when I right click on the

file
> >is the extension of the file (ex .ram, .mov, .wmp, etc). Is this

what
> >you're referring to?

> On certain file types, you should see a 'Details' tab in the

'Properties',
> but this is only true for certain file types.
>
> >I installed the DivX from the link you gave. I *assume* WMP or

Jetaudio
> >would know where to look for these, right? Or do I have to direct

them
> >to the DivX pack?

> It's handled by the system.
>
> >I thought maybe it could be a virus issue, so I remembered I hadn't

run
> >Spybot for about two weeks (still have AVG though) so I gave it a go.

> What has SpyBot got to do with viruses?

Sorry, should have been more specific. I tend to think of ANYTHING that
distracts from my computer's running properly as a virus. Though spies
wouldn't specifically *attack* anything, they sure make me want to
*attack* them.

> >I then tried to update and the program froze.

> Update *what*? What program froze?

Spybot. When I tried to download the update. I did the maintenance
last night and it seems to have helped.

> >So I pressed cntrl-alt-del and the program wasn't responding (obvious
> >but true).

> No, *not* obvious. Again, WHAT program?

Spybot (I said obvious because "program not responding" is what showed
up when I cntrl-alt-deleted. Pretty obvious since the program wasn't
responding.

> >This has happened with OE before too. Any suggestions on the cause?
> >I suppose a little system maintenance wouldn't hurt...

> Uninstall all the *junk* programs you have, and follow the system
> maintenance in my sig.

How dare you think I have *junk* on my system.
Thanks as always for the help.

> >°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> My mistake. Still, if you are only having trouble with *some*
> >> files, it is most likely a codec issue, except for the Real format,
> >> which I believe you must have Real Player installed. Do you
> >> have the DivX codecs installed? Have you checked which
> >> decoder is quoted in the file properties?

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:09:23 -0500, in
<bi39bv$4u0td$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Jim scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:03:52 -0500, in
>> <bi1d95$4brte$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
>> Jim scrawled:

<snip>

>> >This has happened with OE before too. Any suggestions on the cause?
>> >I suppose a little system maintenance wouldn't hurt...

>> Uninstall all the *junk* programs you have, and follow the system
>> maintenance in my sig.

>How dare you think I have *junk* on my system.
>Thanks as always for the help.

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

JetAudio Gary Computer Support 1 08-27-2006 05:54 AM
Difficulty repairing a lost connection =?Utf-8?B?Ry1NQUM=?= Wireless Networking 0 11-17-2005 03:36 PM
Difficulty Kyle Microsoft Certification 1 10-18-2003 01:45 AM
Difficulty level gauge for Microsoft Certification curious Microsoft Certification 3 09-20-2003 06:43 PM
Is jetaudio kontiki spyware? Viewasku1977 Computer Support 2 08-07-2003 08:56 PM

Advertisments