Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: How to get the media involved?

Re: How to get the media involved?

°Mike°

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:30:42 GMT, in
<CwT0b.2114$(E-Mail Removed)>
Brian scrawled:

>Two stop signs were placed here illagitametley

illagitametley (sic)? By whom?

>a few years back and not many people like nor want them.

Is there any particular reason for this?

>We feel there is no need for these signs at their location.

Again, why? If they were placed there by the town council/authority,
there must be a good reason for them.

>I've been working for months; researching, petitioning, protesting
>and pickiting.. I got over 110 neighbors to sign my petition for the signs
>removal, yet the town board refuses to do a single thing but brush me off at
>the meetings.

Perhaps you don't have a case.

>I am looking to get the local media involved a bit. I am a kid at age 19,

Is this all about allowing you to zoom about on your new bike, without
the bother of a stop sign?

>and I know media is always featuring/looking to show kids in the
>community involved in big community projects such as this,

"Big community project"? To remove a stop sign? I don't think so.

>since it's a rare occurance. I think it would be a big help if I could get
>on the local paper, maybe the news, about the ordeal,

Ordeal?

>and get my message out there alot more

I think you need to decide *if* you actually have a message.

>and put pressure on the situation. My question is this: How do I go
>about possibly getting the media (newspaper/local news stations)
>involved to get me a little coverage.

That's simple. Come up with something that's newsworthy.

>Who ever said one person can't make a difference?

What "difference" will removing this stop sign make?

--
Basic computer maintenance