Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP: ScanLogic USBIDE - USB Storage Device installation problem.

HELP: ScanLogic USBIDE - USB Storage Device installation problem.

Arawak

I purchased a ScanLogic external 2.5" external HD enclosure
(EasyConnections) and it has work fine over the past year but after a
system crash, I have not been able to access the drive. I have tried
to do so from both Desktop and Laptop. WinXP advises new device and
tried to load the device driver but produces error message:
Cannot start this hardware (Code 10).

Any help or suggestion appreciated...I couldn't find any other driver
online. If the drive's MBR or partition is damaged, how can I access
the drive to correct the problem since Partition Magic 8.0 does not
see this drive although it does recognize other USB drives.
Any DOS based utility available to access USB devices on booting up?

TIA
Arawak