Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PST only showing deleted Items folder

PST only showing deleted Items folder

Max Sand

Hello

I have a user who has a 973MB pst file. The PST file used to have quite a
few folders, inbox etc. Now when we open the pst file it only shows the
deleted items folder with one 40k email in it. When you get the total folder
size within outlook it shows the total size of the PST as 42k. When in
explorer the properties of the file show 973mb.

Any ideas how to rectify this? I have checked for filters and there is none,
i have recreated the email profile but that did not help, where did the
other folders go?

Win2000, office 2000 using exchange and personal folders.

Thanks

Max

°Mike°

OL2000: How to Find and Run the Inbox Repair Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;272227

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:24:49 +0100, in
<JXt0b.16344$(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Sand scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Max Sand

Erm VERY sorry Mike, i should have mentioned i have done that and it
returned 0 errors and it said it had 4 folders with 1 item.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OL2000: How to Find and Run the Inbox Repair Tool
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;272227
>

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:24:49 +0100, in
> <JXt0b.16344$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Max Sand scrawled:
>
> >Hello
> >
> >I have a user who has a 973MB pst file. The PST file used to have quite a
> >few folders, inbox etc. Now when we open the pst file it only shows the
> >deleted items folder with one 40k email in it. When you get the total

folder
> >size within outlook it shows the total size of the PST as 42k. When in
> >explorer the properties of the file show 973mb.
> >
> >Any ideas how to rectify this? I have checked for filters and there is

none,
> >i have recreated the email profile but that did not help, where did the
> >other folders go?
> >
> >Win2000, office 2000 using exchange and personal folders.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Max
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Max Sand

Yeah im pretty stumped myself, i appreciate the help and i will try the
website you mentioned.

thanks again

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If the repair tool doesn't report any errors, I don't know what
> else to suggest, other than an extraction tool.
>
> MailNavigator
> http://www.mailnavigator.com/read_dbx_file.html
>

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:33:24 +0100, in
> <N3u0b.16355$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Max Sand scrawled:
>
> >Erm VERY sorry Mike, i should have mentioned i have done that and it
> >returned 0 errors and it said it had 4 folders with 1 item.
> >
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> OL2000: How to Find and Run the Inbox Repair Tool
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;272227
> >>

> >> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:24:49 +0100, in
> >> <JXt0b.16344$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> Max Sand scrawled: