Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Removing Nero To install Nero 6

Removing Nero To install Nero 6

Gunjani

I'm having difficulty removing Nero 5. Attempted using 'Add & remove
Programs' without any luck.
I cannot install Nero 6 until Nero 5 is uninstalled manually.
Any suggestion.
--
Many Thanks

Gunjani
A Thought.....If you can understand when your loved ones
are too busy to give you any time

Mike Simpson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , ypatel786
@DELETETHISbtopenworld.com says...
> I'm having difficulty removing Nero 5. Attempted using 'Add & remove
> Programs' without any luck.
> I cannot install Nero 6 until Nero 5 is uninstalled manually.
> Any suggestion.

Try re-installing Nero 5. This will repair the installation so
add/remove programs then knows what it's trying to remove!

°Mike°

http://www.google.com/search?q=uninstall+Nero

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:21:36 +0000 (UTC), in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Gunjani scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gunjani

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:21:36 +0000 (UTC), Gunjani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I'm having difficulty removing Nero 5. Attempted using 'Add & remove
> >Programs' without any luck.
> >I cannot install Nero 6 until Nero 5 is uninstalled manually.
> >Any suggestion.

> Just install Nero 6 over Nero 5. There is no need to uninstall Nero 5.
>
> >--
> >Many Thanks
> >
> >Gunjani
> > A Thought.....If you can understand when your loved ones
> > are too busy to give you any time

> -Barry
> ========
> Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
> Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
> Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

That's the whole point.. it doesn't allow me!
I recieve a message stating I have an older bersion of Nero which needs
to be uninstalled MANUALLY. Which I tried thru Control Panel.
But Nero5 still exixts on my PC!
--
Many Thanks

Gunjani
My software never has bugs; it just develops random
features.

Boomer..

Gunjani said:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:21:36 +0000 (UTC), Gunjani
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm having difficulty removing Nero 5. Attempted using 'Add &
>> >remove Programs' without any luck.
>> >I cannot install Nero 6 until Nero 5 is uninstalled manually.
>> >Any suggestion.

>> Just install Nero 6 over Nero 5. There is no need to uninstall
>> Nero 5.

[snip]
> That's the whole point.. it doesn't allow me!
> I recieve a message stating I have an older bersion of Nero which
> needs to be uninstalled MANUALLY. Which I tried thru Control
> Panel. But Nero5 still exixts on my PC!

Try the 6th or 7th links here:
http://tinyurl.com/lhf6

Barry OGrady

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:23:25 +0000 (UTC), Gunjani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:21:36 +0000 (UTC), Gunjani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm having difficulty removing Nero 5. Attempted using 'Add & remove
>> >Programs' without any luck.
>> >I cannot install Nero 6 until Nero 5 is uninstalled manually.
>> >Any suggestion.

>> Just install Nero 6 over Nero 5. There is no need to uninstall Nero 5.
>>
>> >--
>> >Many Thanks
>> >
>> >Gunjani
>> > A Thought.....If you can understand when your loved ones
>> > are too busy to give you any time

>> -Barry
>> ========
>> Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
>> Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
>> Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
>>

>That's the whole point.. it doesn't allow me!
>I recieve a message stating I have an older bersion of Nero which needs
>to be uninstalled MANUALLY. Which I tried thru Control Panel.
>But Nero5 still exixts on my PC!

I had Nero 5.5 and I installed 6 over the top without a problem.
Sorry I can't help.

>--
>Many Thanks
>
>Gunjani
> My software never has bugs; it just develops random
> features.

-Barry
========

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:13:00 +0100, "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is Nero 6 worth the money or should I stick to 5.5.20?

I don't think it offers much new, though you might want to try a free evaluation
version.

>--
>
>Kenny
>

>"Barry OGrady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:23:25 +0000 (UTC), Gunjani

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> >(E-Mail Removed) says...

>> >That's the whole point.. it doesn't allow me!
>> >I recieve a message stating I have an older bersion of Nero which needs
>> >to be uninstalled MANUALLY. Which I tried thru Control Panel.
>> >But Nero5 still exixts on my PC!

>> I had Nero 5.5 and I installed 6 over the top without a problem.
>> Sorry I can't help.
>>
>> >--
>> >Many Thanks
>> >
>> >Gunjani
>> > My software never has bugs; it just develops random
>> > features.

>> -Barry
>> ========
>> Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
>> Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
>> Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

Removing GPO setting from XP machine after removing from Domain Piet Slaghekke Computer Support 4 01-02-2007 08:58 PM
removing a namespace prefix and removing all attributes not in that same prefix Chris Chiasson XML 6 11-14-2006 05:08 PM
Removing Nero Baggash Computer Support 3 10-17-2005 05:36 AM
Upgrade from OEM Nero to NERO Reloaded Or Get Roxio Supersonic bigredfred Computer Support 0 09-22-2005 12:07 AM
Nero 6 says it's burning video to DVD+RW, but disc is still blank when Nero is done HawkMan98 DVD Video 0 10-21-2003 06:14 AM

Advertisments