Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: IRC

Re: IRC

Monsignor Larville Jones MD

http://www.mirc.com

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

Thund3rstruck

Monsignor Larville Jones MD Spilled my beer when they jumped on the
table and proclaimed in <(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Bill Reynolds <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Need a good program...

> http://www.mirc.com

Or Pirc, or even Trillian, if the OP also uses one or more of the IM
proggies.

www.ceruleanstudios.com

NOI

Thund3rstruck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Monsignor Larville Jones MD Spilled my beer when they jumped on the
>table and proclaimed in <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> Bill Reynolds <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Need a good program...

>> http://www.mirc.com

> Or Pirc, or even Trillian, if the OP also uses one or more of the IM
>proggies.
>
> www.ceruleanstudios.com
>
> NOI

Are either of these two as infinitely-configurable as mIRC? Although I
am somewhat of a fan, I'm fairly certain that Trillian isn't. Can't
comment on Pirc (ISTR that being a Mac port (or was that Pirch?)), but
I doubt there's such a wealth of scripts, tutorials, addons, etc. that
exist for mIRC and it's gargantuan user-base.

Personally, when a user asks for a recommendation, I eschew the
'boilerplate' responses others consider helpful, that contain every
possible related URL. It may look impressive to the casual n00bserver,
but likely does nothing more than add to the OPs confusion.

Far better to suggest the acme than the also-rans, no?

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

IRC? XxTRAINxX Cisco 3 03-06-2006 05:42 PM
Only ONE real Firefox hassle: newsgroup & IRC tabs HellPope Huey Firefox 3 07-27-2005 02:34 AM
Cisco IRC Doc Oakenfold Cisco 0 01-31-2005 09:14 PM
When does Mozilla connect to IRC - port 6667 ? Jay E. Firefox 1 04-16-2004 04:07 AM
Re: Windows and Macintosh developer's IRC channel Lloyd Dupont ASP .Net 1 12-11-2003 11:03 PM

Advertisments