Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > need assistance with prices of old games and pcs

need assistance with prices of old games and pcs

SheilA

I am going to sell my old 286 machines at a garage sale. LOL, do you think
people will by them? They just have a hard drive, floppy and 1 inch
monitor. How much for that.

also, how much for a decent gateway 300 mhz with cd burner, 17 inch monitor,
and ethernet card and video card.

also, how much for old pc games, like alone in the dark 1, and lemmings, or
camanche, etc etc

what about computer books, like dbase for dumies or tubo c++ , or stuff like
that

Thanks in advance

paul s

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:42:51 +0000, SheilA wrote:

> I am going to sell my old 286 machines at a garage sale. LOL, do you
> think people will by them? They just have a hard drive, floppy and 1
> inch monitor. How much for that.

Worth less than paving slabs. In fact if you got enough of the things you
could make a patio out of them.

> also, how much for a decent gateway 300 mhz with cd burner, 17 inch
> monitor, and ethernet card and video card.

That's more like it. Probably between $100-$300.

> also, how much for old pc games, like alone in the dark 1, and lemmings,
> or camanche, etc etc
>
> what about computer books, like dbase for dumies or tubo c++ , or stuff
> like that

Put the books and games on Ebay (make sure you got some good photos of the
items). There are always people that will pay good prices for that sort of
stuff, probably much better than what you would get at a garage sale.

--
Paul S
- Diplomacy: The art of saying "Nice doggy!" until you can find a -