Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Audio CD on Nero

Audio CD on Nero

Stevie R

I have Nero Express 5.5 and would like to burn a cd for playing in my
home cd player. I selected 'Audio CD' under the music category and
dragged the mp3s across. Once completed, the cd would not play the music
(but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it plays on my
computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to play in a normal
cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

Stevie R

"Stevie R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhrhob$47r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have Nero Express 5.5 and would like to burn a cd for playing in my
> home cd player. I selected 'Audio CD' under the music category and
> dragged the mp3s across. Once completed, the cd would not play the

music
> (but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it plays on

my
> computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to play in a

normal
> cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

I forgot to add, I had checked the 'Finalize Disk' and 'Disk at once'
options. And I have been able to play burned cds using the cd player on
another version of Nero (not sure which version) that I had on another
computer a while back.

paul s

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:51:08 +0100, Stevie R wrote:

> I have Nero Express 5.5 and would like to burn a cd for playing in my
> home cd player. I selected 'Audio CD' under the music category and
> dragged the mp3s across. Once completed, the cd would not play the music
> (but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it plays on
> my computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to play in a
> normal cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

What sort of media are you using? If you're using CDRW, then a lot of
standard audio players can't play these, unless they're multi-read
capable. CDR media is generally OK, but some brands can be a bit iffy on
audio players. Try a different brand, and also try burning at a slower
speed.

--
Paul S
- Microsoft: The company that made MP3 dangerous. -

Zeta Reticulae

Stevie R wrote:
: I have Nero Express 5.5 and would like to burn a cd for playing in my
: home cd player. I selected 'Audio CD' under the music category and
: dragged the mp3s across. Once completed, the cd would not play the
: music (but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it
: plays on my computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to
: play in a normal cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

I use 5.5 and from what you've said, it should play in a normal cd player!
if you can play it through your computer, its burnt ok, but, it may not have
burnt the lead in and out, which a cd player needs to find the tracks.
try burning the same compilation at a slower speed, personally i only burn
on 2x speed and even then still end up with a few 'coasters'!
nero converts mp3s into normal audio played by a cd player.

Stevie R

"Zeta Reticulae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8_b0b.836$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I use 5.5 and from what you've said, it should play in a normal cd

player!
> if you can play it through your computer, its burnt ok, but, it may not

have
> burnt the lead in and out, which a cd player needs to find the tracks.
> try burning the same compilation at a slower speed, personally i only

burn
> on 2x speed and even then still end up with a few 'coasters'!
> nero converts mp3s into normal audio played by a cd player.

Thanks I tried the 3,600 speed option and managed to get the songs to
play. However, this is only after the cd player searches for the song for
a good few seconds each time! Will try an even slower speed next time....

Stevie R

"paul s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2003.08.18.21.56.47.757356@REMOVESPAMhotm ail.comKILLER...
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:51:08 +0100, Stevie R wrote:
> What sort of media are you using? If you're using CDRW, then a lot of
> standard audio players can't play these, unless they're multi-read
> capable. CDR media is generally OK, but some brands can be a bit iffy

on
> audio players. Try a different brand, and also try burning at a slower
> speed.

They are CDRs and I think they are quite cheap (my brother bought them!).
now think it might be due to the fact that they are cheap and I was also
burning them at too high a speed.