Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Recycle Bin Problem

Re: Recycle Bin Problem

Boomer

-- Alan -- said:

> Hello,
>
> my recycle bin icon on the desktop shows that there is something
> in it. When I double click the bin, there is nothing in it. When
> I right click the bin and select empty it says 'are you sure you
> want to delete Windows?'. When I click yes, it makes the sound it
> normally does when it empties, but the icon still shows there is
> something in it. I can try to empty it any number of times, but it
> still says do you want to delete windows. Even a reboot doesn't
> help.
>
> I have XP Pro.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Alan

Do you have Norton Protected Recycle Bin turned on?

-- Alan --

I have Norton Internet Security. I'm sure protected recycle bin is not part
of that. It's not installed/or turned on anyway

Thanks though

news:3f414315$0$220$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> -- Alan -- said:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > my recycle bin icon on the desktop shows that there is something
> > in it. When I double click the bin, there is nothing in it. When
> > I right click the bin and select empty it says 'are you sure you
> > want to delete Windows?'. When I click yes, it makes the sound it
> > normally does when it empties, but the icon still shows there is
> > something in it. I can try to empty it any number of times, but it
> > still says do you want to delete windows. Even a reboot doesn't
> > help.
> >
> > I have XP Pro.
> >
> > Thanks for any help
> >
> > Alan

> Do you have Norton Protected Recycle Bin turned on?

Liz

Alan, Click on the link. Read the OP's message.
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper..._20653061.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see the solution.

"-- Alan --" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote