Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Audible alarm in Zone Alarm?

Audible alarm in Zone Alarm?

Patch

4 times today, my computer speaker has let out with a sound like a European
police car siren. Also about the same time Zone Alarm said it blocked
someone trying to access my computer. It shows that it intercepted a total
of 4 attempted intrusions. (Win98 with Broadband connection) I've been using
Zone Alarm for about a year now & I've never heard any kind of siren sound
before. (I'm using the free version) I've looked through all the settings &
I can't find anything about an audible alarm. Does anyone know if this sound
is from Zone Alarm, or do I have a different issue?

Thanks

°Mike°

I may have nothing to do with ZA; it may be an overheating problem.
Check your temperatures/fans etc.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:55:17 GMT, in
<Vx70b.15626$(E-Mail Removed)>
Patch scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

Patch wrote:

> 4 times today, my computer speaker has let out with a sound like a
> European police car siren. Also about the same time Zone Alarm said
> it blocked someone trying to access my computer. It shows that it
> intercepted a total of 4 attempted intrusions. (Win98 with Broadband
> connection) I've been using Zone Alarm for about a year now & I've
> never heard any kind of siren sound before. (I'm using the free
> version) I've looked through all the settings & I can't find anything
> about an audible alarm. Does anyone know if this sound is from Zone
> Alarm, or do I have a different issue?
>
> Thanks

I've never heard a peep out of mine. I would think it's more likely
an anti-virus/spy/trojan program. What else are you running along these
lines?
--
"Sounds vaguely familiar...."

Brian H¹©

Patch said:

> 4 times today, my computer speaker has let out with a sound like a European
> police car siren. Also about the same time Zone Alarm said it blocked
> someone trying to access my computer. It shows that it intercepted a total
> of 4 attempted intrusions. (Win98 with Broadband connection) I've been using
> Zone Alarm for about a year now & I've never heard any kind of siren sound
> before. (I'm using the free version) I've looked through all the settings &
> I can't find anything about an audible alarm. Does anyone know if this sound
> is from Zone Alarm, or do I have a different issue?
>
> Thanks

Are you running visualzone in conjunction with ZoneAlarm?
If I remember correctly, there is an alarm with *that*

Patch

news:bhr8ig$2cttb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...