Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: MailWasher Pro

Re: MailWasher Pro

Monsignor Larville Jones MD

Barry OGrady <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:25:13 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Anyone using this program for checking their hotmail emails? Just like to
>>know if this feature actually works, as I have tried this on 5 other hotmail
>>accounts and they all said wrong username or password?

>Mailwasher can't be used on hotmail.

Yes it can.

>Hotmail is not pop 3.

Just found that out?

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

Joe Bloggs

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:13:26 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Barry OGrady <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:25:13 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone using this program for checking their hotmail emails? Just like to
>>>know if this feature actually works, as I have tried this on 5 other hotmail
>>>accounts and they all said wrong username or password?

>>Mailwasher can't be used on hotmail.

>Yes it can.

I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!

>>Hotmail is not pop 3.

>Just found that out?

x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Tim

Outlook is pop3 so of course it will work.

> I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!
>

> >>Hotmail is not pop 3.

> >Just found that out?

> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Tim

Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you using
v3.1?

Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I do, it
always says either username or password is incorrect?

TIA

Boomer

Tim said:

> Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you
> using v3.1?
>
> Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I
> do, it always says either username or password is incorrect?
>
> TIA

Hi
Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
in your reply?
(Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
others
have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

Further info:

Thank You Very Much

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:54:01 +0100, Joe Bloggs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:13:26 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Barry OGrady <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Mailwasher can't be used on hotmail.

>>Yes it can.

>I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!

Hotmail want to force people to see their adverts, which they could not do if they
allowed the use of ordinary email programs such as mailwasher.

>>>Hotmail is not pop 3.

>>Just found that out?

It's fairly common knowledge, and done for the reason above.

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:55:03 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Outlook is pop3 so of course it will work.

Outlook is not pop3 when used with hotmail, so of course it won't work.

>> I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!

>> >Just found that out?

>> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
>> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
>> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
>> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

-Barry
========

On 19 Aug 2003 07:44:03 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tim said:

>> Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you
>> using v3.1?
>>
>> Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I
>> do, it always says either username or password is incorrect?
>>
>> TIA
>>

>Hi
>Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
> in your reply?
>(Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)
>
>It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
>others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

Sometimes, as in the case you quoted, it is not necessary, as all the required
information is in the post.

>Further info:
> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html
> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html
>
>Thank You Very Much

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

Tim

So really the options given on MailWasher is useless?

"Barry OGrady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:31:59 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you using
> >v3.1?
> >
> >Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I do, it
> >always says either username or password is incorrect?

> Hotmail is paid for by advertising. If you could use an email program such

as
> mailwasher you could avoid the advertising, so hotmail don't allow it.
>
> >TIA

> -Barry
> ========
> Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
> Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.
> Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

Monsignor Larville Jones MD

Barry OGrady <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:31:59 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you using
>>v3.1?
>>
>>Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I do, it
>>always says either username or password is incorrect?

>Hotmail is paid for by advertising. If you could use an email program such as
>mailwasher you could avoid the advertising, so hotmail don't allow it.

Talking **** again, Barry?

(Answer: yes.)

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend