Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dual soundcards on WinXP pro

Dual soundcards on WinXP pro

Mark Morgan

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have a Athlon2400XP machine with
hercules Muse5.1 soundcard. Though it sounds OK, its rubbish for midi. I
have a Yamaha WF192XG soundcard, and, in short, would like to have both on
the machine, the herc for audio and the Yammy for midi.
Anyone know if this is practical, and if there is any way to connect the
output from the midicard into the herc internally? ( to avoid having 2 sets
of spkrs.)

chrisrobin

Yes its possible, I have installed 2 sound blaster 16 pci, and 1 SB live and
SB16pci. you may have to set resouce manually for the second card. As for
the connection dont know, but you can set one card as primary out for
speakers so you dont have to have 2 sets of speakers
..
news:3f409a1f$0$960$(E-Mail Removed).. .