Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > detecting proxy settings.........

detecting proxy settings.........

Phil B

Please help, whenever I start ie at the bottom of the screen I get a message
"Detecting proxy settings........"
It does this for about 20 seconds before finally loading up my homepage.

I'm using win xp home. and am connecting to freeserve's homepage and am on
freeserve broadband.

Any help much appreciated as the time seems to be getting longer every time
I start it.

Phil.

PKH

In IE,, Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Lan Settings, then unlick
Automatically Detect Proxy Settings.

news:bhq4pu$iri$(E-Mail Removed)...