Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: 1 Mbps or even 2 Mbps

Re: 1 Mbps or even 2 Mbps

Paul Hanson

Hi there,

When are we going to get 1Mbps or even 2 Mbps service for the home user at
say 39.99 per month for the 2 Mbps service. I think you should be
providing the 1 Mbps service at 29.99 and the 512 Kbps service at 22.99.
What do you say BT Openworld?

--
Regards Paul Hanson

CoDe

BTO Won't say much.
Monkeys can't speak.
CoDe.

"Paul Hanson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhq1na$ruo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> When are we going to get 1Mbps or even 2 Mbps service for the home user at
> say 39.99 per month for the 2 Mbps service. I think you should be
> providing the 1 Mbps service at 29.99 and the 512 Kbps service at 22.99.
> What do you say BT Openworld?
>
> --
> Regards Paul Hanson

---

BiT OpenWorld Support

Paul Hanson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> When are we going to get 1Mbps or even 2 Mbps service for the home
> user at say 39.99 per month for the 2 Mbps service. I think you
> should be providing the 1 Mbps service at 29.99 and the 512 Kbps
> service at 22.99. What do you say BT Openworld?

We say go and **** yourself with a live 3-phase, 415-volt line. When you've
done that, please be so kind as to **** right off the planet.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BiT OpenWorld Support

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paul Hanson continued:

> Hi there,
>
> When are we going to get 1Mbps or even 2 Mbps service for the home
> user at say 39.99 per month for the 2 Mbps service. I think you
> should be providing the 1 Mbps service at 29.99 and the 512 Kbps
> service at 22.99. What do you say BT Openworld?

Dear Mr Hanson

That service /is/ available, but only to select, non-whingeing customers.
Your log shows you swearing at a tech-help team member, repeatedly opening
viruses after your anti-virus software has identified them as potentially
fatal, wedged a floppy disc into your DVD-drive, and have broken your modem
by chewing at it. In all cases it appears to have been /our/ fault.
Unfortunately you will probably be waiting so long now before you get to the
top of the list you will be dead long before you get anything more than a
512mbps connection.

I would, however, like to know how you got my personal email address ?

Brent Thomas Openworld.

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:17:00 +0100, "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paul Hanson continued:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> When are we going to get 1Mbps or even 2 Mbps service for the home
>> user at say 39.99 per month for the 2 Mbps service. I think you
>> should be providing the 1 Mbps service at 29.99 and the 512 Kbps
>> service at 22.99. What do you say BT Openworld?

>Dear Mr Hanson
>
>That service /is/ available, but only to select, non-whingeing customers.
>Your log shows you swearing at a tech-help team member, repeatedly opening
>viruses after your anti-virus software has identified them as potentially
>fatal, wedged a floppy disc into your DVD-drive, and have broken your modem
>by chewing at it. In all cases it appears to have been /our/ fault.
>Unfortunately you will probably be waiting so long now before you get to the
>top of the list you will be dead long before you get anything more than a
>512mbps connection.

A 512 milli-bits-per-second?

>I would, however, like to know how you got my personal email address ?

Do you work at usenet?

>Brent Thomas Openworld.

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Barry OGrady continued:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:17:00 +0100, "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paul Hanson
>> continued:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> When are we going to get 1Mbps or even 2 Mbps service for the home
>>> user at say 39.99 per month for the 2 Mbps service. I think you
>>> should be providing the 1 Mbps service at 29.99 and the 512 Kbps
>>> service at 22.99. What do you say BT Openworld?

>> Dear Mr Hanson
>>
>> That service /is/ available, but only to select, non-whingeing
>> customers. Your log shows you swearing at a tech-help team member,
>> repeatedly opening viruses after your anti-virus software has
>> identified them as potentially fatal, wedged a floppy disc into your
>> DVD-drive, and have broken your modem by chewing at it. In all cases
>> it appears to have been /our/ fault. Unfortunately you will probably
>> be waiting so long now before you get to the top of the list you
>> will be dead long before you get anything more than a 512mbps
>> connection.

> A 512 milli-bits-per-second?
>
>> I would, however, like to know how you got my personal email address
>> ?

> Do you work at usenet?
>
>> Brent Thomas Openworld.

There was a WHOOSH and a bemused look.....
--
slumpy
no more