Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: memory question

Re: memory question

why?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100, Lee wrote:

>I have a k7s6a mainboard which supports DDR 333MHZ memory
>My CPU Is a XP2400 and my current memory is PC2100.

<snip>

Changed your name since last time then...

From: "fresh" <joni@bramp66<snip end of address>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: DDR Query
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:55:57 +0100

If Anyone clued up can help please.//

I have a k7s6a mainboard which supports DDR 333MHZ memory
My CPU Is a XP2400 and my current memory is PC2100.
So the FSB is running at 133/133/33mhz

<snip suggestions>

Fix your clock, it's not Mon the 18th Aug in the UK yet.
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100

Me

Lee

Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
Or is it your job.

> Fix your clock, it's not Mon the 18th Aug in the UK yet.
> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100
>
> Me

lee

Soz \mike. I just setup on a new hackin machine
and i aint had the *&time* 2 change it.

"Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhnv3b$1c445$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting

wrongly,
> and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
>
> I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I can

help
> the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means I don't have to
> see that post stuck at the top of my article list until the date gets

caught
> up and overtaken. I got fed up with asking posters to change their

clocks,
> mainly through dickheads like you posting back saying that telling someone
> they're posting wrongly is a 'bad thing' really ****ed me off .. and I now
> simply ignore or delete them, and leave others to tell them or wait until
> they find out for themselves.
>
> As I say, personal preference.
>
> Lee tried to scribble ...
>
> > Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
> > Or is it your job.
> >
> >> Fix your clock, it's not Mon the 18th Aug in the UK yet.
> >> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100
> >>
> >> Me

> --
> ............................Paul - xxx
> Seti 1897 wu in 14474 hours
> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

Robert de Brus

In news:bhnv3b$1c445$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
Paul - xxx <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
|| There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting
|| wrongly, and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
|| I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I
|| can help the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means

hooo cares!

|| I don't have to see that post stuck at the top of my article list
|| until the date gets caught up and overtaken. I got fed up with
|| asking posters to change their clocks, mainly through dickheads like
|| you posting back saying that telling someone they're posting wrongly
|| is a 'bad thing' really ****ed me off .. and I now simply ignore or
|| delete them, and leave others to tell them or wait until they find
|| out for themselves.
|| As I say, personal preference.
|| Lee tried to scribble ...
||| Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
||| Or is it your job.
|| --
|| ............................Paul - xxx
|| Seti 1897 wu in 14474 hours
|| http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

---
Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

Paul - xxx

Robert de Brus tried to scribble ...

> In news:bhnv3b$1c445$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
> Paul - xxx <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
>>> There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting
>>> wrongly, and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
>>>
>>> I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I
>>> can help the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means

> hooo cares!

You do .. it seems ..

--
.............................Paul - xxx
Seti 1897 wu in 14474 hours
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

Paul - xxx

No sweat ..

lee tried to scribble ...

--

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:00:23 +0100, Lee wrote:

>Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people

Based on.....

Wrong way round, you are forcing your post to appear first. Often the
ISP will look at incorrect dated posts as usenet abuse. when reported.

>Or is it your job.

No one's job, there is no moderator.

>> Fix your clock, it's not Mon the 18th Aug in the UK yet.
>> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100
>>
>> Me

Me

stump

Paul:
You got it right! Just delete it and forget it. That's what the greater
percentage of normal readers do.
Those 5% of posters who generate 75% of the posts, such as Boomer who gets
orgasmic experiences, or Slumpy, who thinks he is a comedian but is really a
commodian, by posting their tripe are far worse than those who merely make a
date error.
)
"Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhnv3b$1c445$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting

wrongly,
> and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
>
> I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I can

help
> the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means I don't have to
> see that post stuck at the top of my article list until the date gets

caught
> up and overtaken. I got fed up with asking posters to change their

clocks,
> mainly through dickheads like you posting back saying that telling someone
> they're posting wrongly is a 'bad thing' really ****ed me off .. and I now
> simply ignore or delete them, and leave others to tell them or wait until
> they find out for themselves.
>
> As I say, personal preference.
>
> Lee tried to scribble ...
>
> > Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
> > Or is it your job.
> >
> >> Fix your clock, it's not Mon the 18th Aug in the UK yet.
> >> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100
> >>
> >> Me

> --
> ............................Paul - xxx
> Seti 1897 wu in 14474 hours
> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

trout

why? wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0100, Lee wrote:
>
>> I have a k7s6a mainboard which supports DDR 333MHZ memory
>> My CPU Is a XP2400 and my current memory is PC2100. <snip>

> Changed your name since last time then...
>
> From: "fresh" <joni@bramp66<snip end of address>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

<snip>

Seems odd, then, that she'd be back seeking help from what she
called "a room full of gay / lezbo`s".
(news:bhm1a7$ipe$(E-Mail Removed))
--
"Seems necessity is the mother of invective."

Jimchip

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:05:55 GMT, Scribner wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:13:40 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>There's good cause why some people tell others that they're posting wrongly,
>>and having your time set to the fututre is one of them.
>>
>>I see a post 'from the future' and I simply delete it .. whether I can help
>>the poster or not. This is personal preference, but means I don't have to
>>see that post stuck at the top of my article list until the date gets caught
>>up and overtaken. I got fed up with asking posters to change their clocks,
>>mainly through dickheads like you posting back saying that telling someone
>>they're posting wrongly is a 'bad thing' really ****ed me off .. and I now
>>simply ignore or delete them, and leave others to tell them or wait until
>>they find out for themselves.
>>
>>As I say, personal preference.
>>
>>Lee tried to scribble ...
>>
>>> Yep¬ and i see that ur still bugging people
>>> Or is it your job.

> Ok, guys. Let's assume that this person is stupid. So stupid in fact
> that although he has a memory problem, he has another problem of which
> he is not aware. Or maybe he is aware, but does not know how to fix
> it. Or maybe he is aware of the problem, but is unaware of the
> consequences. Since this is a helpdesk, why not give him the benefit
> of the doubt and try to help him with his problems? Then black ball
> him, if he does not fix his problems.

Let him fix his clock and then post back. I won't help someone with a
broken clock because I can't keep track of their followups in a
convenient way.

You say "Since this is a helpdesk...". 'helpdesk' is part of the name of
the group but it's not up to you to define for others what 'this' is.

--
Symptom: Drinking fails to give taste and satisfaction,
beer is unusually pale and clear.

Diagnosis: Glass empty.