Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

Plinque Schowengerdt

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:56:28 +0100, While I was using pressure to stop
the bleeding, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
..
>On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:51:37 -0400, in
> <3f3fb2a1$0$13099$(E-Mail Removed)>
> thund3rstruck_n0i scrawled:
>

>>"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Now, that's rational [not].
>>>
>>> You're on too many drugs, Bill. Didn't you morph out of my killfile,
>>> too? I'll have to look that up.

>> On an interesting side note, 2 days ago, Bill's messages quit appearing
>>here. Rumor has it, the news admin wanders thru several dozen of the groups,
>>and deletes locally anything he considers spam. <G>
>>
>> NOI

>That's interesting, because I don't see Bill's posts either; only Jimchip's
>replies to him.

Mike,

If there is any truth to what was said above and since I am certainly no
spammer, how would I address such a problem?

Jimchip

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:56:28 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:51:37 -0400, in
> <3f3fb2a1$0$13099$(E-Mail Removed)>
> thund3rstruck_n0i scrawled:
>

>>"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Now, that's rational [not].
>>>
>>> You're on too many drugs, Bill. Didn't you morph out of my killfile,
>>> too? I'll have to look that up.

>> On an interesting side note, 2 days ago, Bill's messages quit appearing
>>here. Rumor has it, the news admin wanders thru several dozen of the groups,
>>and deletes locally anything he considers spam. <G>
>>
>> NOI

> That's interesting, because I don't see Bill's posts either; only Jimchip's
> replies to him.

I looked him up...he was morphing so I gutted him by other headers
besides his nym.

--
"If it morphs, it's a troll"
IHBT

Thund3rstruck

°Mike° Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
in <3f61b380.25869495@localhost>:

> That's interesting, because I don't see Bill's posts either; only
> Jimchip's replies to him.

Even more interesting because you and I are not on the same NNTP
server...

Oh well. No biggie.

NOI

nemo

Bill Schowengerdt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:13:14 GMT, While I was using pressure to stop the
> bleeding, "nemo" <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
> .
> > You'll probably have to repeat this a number of times.
> >They're like horrible little robots

Yeah!

You are arguing for the sake of arguing. That makes you a troll! - or the
director of one of the telemarketing firms, which makes you an even lower
form of life!!

You're saying that business can do no wrong and that individuals don't have
the right to even complain, never mind defend themselves and you're using
the well-worn false impression of poor little exploited workers only trying
to make a crust to defend unpopular and corrupt business practices which
cause huge offence and nuisance and should have been made totally illegal
years ago.

It's just the same as when someone protests about other unpopular practices
such as vivisection or hunting for instance.

Someone - usually a nasty little right-wing slag like Polly Toynbee - will
pop up and say: what about all the poor little workers who will lose their
jobs of these practices cease - when what their really trying to protect is
the fortune that the companies carrying out animal testing work make while
at the same time paying those same "poor little workers" a bloody
pittance! - or in the case of hunting are defending the corrupt, sick,
perverted and immoral thrill that their upper-class-twit friends get out of
chasing small animals to exhaustion and then seeing them torn to bits.

And these self-same pundits do not so much as bat an eyelid when thousands
of workers are made redundant when companies have to downsize or close
because of bad or corrupt management!

You're slagging off the victim and defending the villain - a practice which
is far too common these days and is an absolute blight upon society, and you
are showing that you can't stand anyone who deals with a problem in an
effective, ingenious and forthright way because you are terrified that this
sort of thing might catch on.

> In short... I am so weary of listening to ****-heads say things like
> "They're like horrible little robots", when you don't have a clue as to
> what is forcing those poor people into doing that very difficult and
> demeaning job.

So you're weary? Tough. What is so special about you that we should all
worry that you are weary? Aren't the victims of telemarketing entitled to be
weary and sick to the back teeth of having their privacy invaded by total
and utter morons working for the worst kind of corrupt, money-grubbing
companies - and fight back?

After reading your utterly stupid tirade I'm damned sure that you are not,
in fact, one of the downtrodden telemarketing operators - you're most likely
either a looney or the boss of one of these disgusting companies (is there a
difference?) trying to protect your investment - an investment supported by
annoying and irritating the arses off and grossly invading the privacy of
ordinary people. Why don't you get a decent job?

This makes you not only a troll, but also a spammer, albeit via the
telephone!

And where, O where do arrogant bastards like you and your ilk get the idea
that you can sell things to people by annoying them anyway???

The last salesman I encountered obviously thought like this . He was selling
banking services in Sainsbury's and after I told him I was happy with my
present bank and would definitely not be changing he just carried on with
his sales spiel and wouldn't get out of my way.

He was horizontal a few seconds later, and *he* was a horrible BIG robot! I
hope this makes my attitude to high-pressure selling of all kinds crystal
clear!

This, sunshine, is what is known as having bitten off far more than you can
chew!

Nemo

nemo

Auric__ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 04:28:26 -0000, Jimchip
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:50:38 -0500, Bill Schowengerdt wrote:
> >> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:13:14 GMT, While I was using pressure to stop

the
> >> bleeding, "nemo" <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
> >> .
> >>
> >> Don't be such a jerk. Give them a ****ing break. Do you think anyone
> >> does outbound telemarketing because they want to? Good Lord.,.... Do

you
> >> think it is fun?

> >Telemarketers are the scum of the earth and just a minute step above
> >spammers. The U.S. National Do Not Call list will be a great help in
> >putting them in their place.

> Yes, but do you seriously expect a telemarketing giant to stop calling
> just because you're on a list? They'll just find new ways to make
> unidentifiable, untraceable calls.
> --
> auric "underscore" "underscore" "at" hotmail "dot" com

Another case of someone trying to condition a victim into not standing up
for himself. Who needs Big Brother these days?

nemo

Bill Schowengerdt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:37:55 -0000, While I was using pressure to stop
> the bleeding, Jimchip <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
> .
> >On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 06:58:59 -0500, Bill Schowengerdt wrote:
> >> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 04:28:26 -0000, While I was using pressure to stop
> >> the bleeding, Jimchip <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
> >> .

the

you

> >> As long sa youmean the companies and not the people on the
> >> phones, I agree except I think telemarketing in below spamming.

> >The "people on the ohones are "the companies".

> Wrong. Not only are they not the companies, but also they are not in a
> position to have any influence over the companies.
>
> >> But if you are reffering to the workers, you are a stupid jerk and I

can
> >> only hope some downfall drives you to doing it.

> >There are other options for "the workers"

> Hundreds of thousands of call center workers would be grateful for your
> wisdom. Please share it.
>
> >and you're obviously one of
> >them (at least formerly),

> Close but no cigar. Not only have I never been one, but also I have never
> worked for a company that does outbound.

That makes your tirade even more illogical!

> However, before my illness . . .

I assume this was somewhere between the ears

.. . . . I worked in Quality Assurance for Verizon
> Wireless in a call center of about 700 customer care workers.
>
> Almost half of those people were single mothers, many of whom's only
> other choice to provide support for their children, was to be on welfare.
>
> This because Verizon pays a bit more that other non-skilled employers in
> this area, and at their wages expensive child care makes working barely
> practical. Also a factor is the fact that there are simply not enough
> jobs available even at the lower pay.

So what? There are low paid and put-upon workers in all kinds of jobs.

> >scumbag. "drives you to doing it" is a cop out
> >and typical of the thinking that justifies the worst abuses.

> Although your "arguments" thus far fail to be rational and lack support,
> I ask you for another try. Please explain your position if you have one
> that makes sense.
>
> BTW... I am on both my state's and federal government's no-call list and
> that has cut the number of calls vastly. Most that I still get are those
> allowed by the law from certain organizations such as the police.
>
> Those calls are made by cops who have well paying jobs and do not care if
> they are intruding on people's lives. They are the scumbags.

Twit!

nemo

Bill Schowengerdt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:45:18 -0000, While I was using pressure to stop
> the bleeding, Jimchip <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
> .
> >On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:24:59 -0500, Bill Schowengerdt wrote:
> >> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:37:55 -0000, While I was using pressure to stop
> >> the bleeding, Jimchip <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
> >> .

stop

stop the

anyone

Do you

> >You post-edited what I wrote...typical asshole behavior.

> Little did I know I was breaking any guidelines. by making things more
> readable.
>
> >> Wrong. Not only are they not the companies, but also they are not in a
> >> position to have any influence over the companies.

> >I see, if the workers weren't there, the "companies" still would be
> >cranking out millions of intrusive calls per day.

> Probably not since the companies depend on the fact that workers have
> little choice but to work for them. Have you ever noticed the locations
> the companies chose to build new call centers? Do you think it might have
> something to do with a desperate workforce?

can

> >> Hundreds of thousands of call center workers would be grateful for your
> >> wisdom. Please share it.

> >Hopefully, they'll be unemployed come October.

> I doubt if the National list will seriously impact the business, but if
> it does, fine. it is unfortunate that some people will be put out of
> work, but at least people who are bothered enough to take some meaningful
> action to reduce unwanted calls, will not be abusing so many call center
> workers.
>
> OTOH.. You can still be a jerk when you call some customer service
> worker. No doubt it will help you to feel superior.

> >> Close but no cigar. Not only have I never been one, but also I have

never
> >> worked for a company that does outbound.
> >>
> >> However, before my illness I worked in Quality Assurance for Verizon
> >> Wireless in a call center of about 700 customer care workers.

> >Verizon! Spambags.

>http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...dmin.net-abuse

..email
> >You sounded like a spammer.

> Hey dipshit., Can you not read? Or is it simply that you do not realize
> that Verizon Wireless is a different company from Verizon. And... I do
> not recall ever receiving spam from either company. Have you?
>
> >> Almost half of those people were single mothers, many of whom's only
> >> other choice to provide support for their children, was to be on

welfare.

> >BooHoo, Verizon as a social agency, providing "provide support for their
> >children"...what a crock.

> They are in no way a social agency. They are an employer who exchanges
> real money for real work. Social agencies are what many of their
> employees would depend on if they could not find other employment.
>
> >> This because Verizon pays a bit more that other non-skilled employers

in
> >> this area, and at their wages expensive child care makes working barely
> >> practical. Also a factor is the fact that there are simply not enough
> >> jobs available even at the lower pay.

> >> Although your "arguments" thus far fail to be rational and lack

support,
> >> I ask you for another try. Please explain your position if you have one
> >> that makes sense.
> >>
> >> BTW... I am on both my state's and federal government's no-call list

and
> >> that has cut the number of calls vastly. Most that I still get are

those
> >> allowed by the law from certain organizations such as the police.
> >>
> >> Those calls are made by cops who have well paying jobs and do not care

if
> >> they are intruding on people's lives. They are the scumbags.

> >Now, that's rational [not].

> Oh really? Why not
>
> >You're on too many drugs, Bill. Didn't you morph out of my killfile,
> >too? I'll have to look that up.

> What is the matter? Do you usually support yourself by running away?
>
> Ya know..... So far you have provided no rational support for your
> positions. Unless you now do so, I will have little choice other than to
> assume you are a gutless bag of ignorant hot air. Or simply stupid
>
> So far all I have heard from you are ridiculous sound bites that have
> obviously been programmed into you. Are you capable of original thought?.

Sorry. I thought that was precisely what your remarks were.

Nemo

(Independent Thinker.)

Plinque Schowengerdt

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:43:26 -0000, While I was using pressure to stop
the bleeding, Jimchip <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
..
>On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:56:28 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:51:37 -0400, in
>> <3f3fb2a1$0$13099$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> thund3rstruck_n0i scrawled:
>>

>>>"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> On an interesting side note, 2 days ago, Bill's messages quit appearing
>>>here. Rumor has it, the news admin wanders thru several dozen of the groups,
>>>and deletes locally anything he considers spam. <G>
>>>
>>> NOI

>> That's interesting, because I don't see Bill's posts either; only Jimchip's
>> replies to him.

>I looked him up...he was morphing so I gutted him by other headers
>besides his nym.

I was not morphing. However, I did make several posts from freetera which
I have not posted from for a very long time.

But, I soon noticed that the name, etc. were not current. and changed
them to be consistent with this instance of Agent.

BTW.. As I suppose that post should be taken to mean that he has
killfilled me, and I understand that it is poor form to reply to someone
who has you killfilled,

But, I want to make the point for anyone else who may be following this
thread, that Jinchip did not rationally support any of his crap. Instead
of taking the challenge, he seems to have run away.

°Mike°

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:43:26 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Jimchip scrawled:

>On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:56:28 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:51:37 -0400, in
>> <3f3fb2a1$0$13099$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> thund3rstruck_n0i scrawled:
>>

>>>"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> On an interesting side note, 2 days ago, Bill's messages quit appearing
>>>here. Rumor has it, the news admin wanders thru several dozen of the groups,
>>>and deletes locally anything he considers spam. <G>
>>>
>>> NOI

>> That's interesting, because I don't see Bill's posts either; only Jimchip's
>> replies to him.

>I looked him up...he was morphing so I gutted him by other headers
>besides his nym.

Funnily enough, he just morphed again - I did see this one - but I won't
be seeing any more.

Plinque Schowengerdt

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:13:51 GMT, While I was using pressure to stop the
> [...]

>in

>support,

>and

>those

>if
>> >
>> >Now, that's rational [not].

>> Oh really? Why not
>>
>> >You're on too many drugs, Bill. Didn't you morph out of my killfile,
>> >too? I'll have to look that up.

>> What is the matter? Do you usually support yourself by running away?
>>
>> Ya know..... So far you have provided no rational support for your
>> positions. Unless you now do so, I will have little choice other than to
>> assume you are a gutless bag of ignorant hot air. Or simply stupid
>>
>> So far all I have heard from you are ridiculous sound bites that have
>> obviously been programmed into you. Are you capable of original thought?.

>Sorry. I thought that was precisely what your remarks were.

My positions? Sound bites not showing independent thought? Really? For
example?

As far as I can tell, there are very few people who have considered the
plight of the people on the phones at telemarketer companies.

Even less frequent are the number of people who have the balls to argue
with the knee jerk positions similar to JimChip's