Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pasv and Port

Pasv and Port

Krhis

I know how Pasv and Port FTP connections work diffrently, but I just
want to know wich one is used most often. Is it true that Pasv is more
sacure? How is that?

I am behind a Router, so I need to manualy set what my outside
(Router) IP Address is to get Pasv connections to work. So would it be
easier to only use Port? What do most clients support? I know you can
switch between Port and Pasv in Cute FTP and WS_FTP, but what does IE
support? Both? If so what's it's default?

A list of Pros and Cons would be helpful if you have one. Basicly, the
question is; What should my FTP Server be using? Pasv or Port?

Thank you for the help!

- Krhis

°Mike°

Passive FTP