Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Antivirus Questions - Norton Antivirus xmldso.cab file. Symevent?

Antivirus Questions - Norton Antivirus xmldso.cab file. Symevent?

Nicole Kidman

Hello,
I recently installed Norton antivirus and it seems it's unable to activate
the startup and auto protect function. Every time I startup I get the error
"Unable to start symevent" error. Also I recently ran windows update and
Norton antivirus made me delete this file:

C:\WINNT\Java\classes\xmldso.cab

The XMLDSO.CAB file. Was this a mistake by Norton Anitvirus or has the
virus infected windows update?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Much Thanks!
Nicole

°Mike°

Norton AntiVirus 2000 Detects WM.Niceday Macro Virus When
Installing Microsoft Virtual Machine
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;244428

SYMPTOMS
When you install the Microsoft Virtual Machine (VM), you may receive an
alert from Norton AntiVirus 2000 about a "WM.Niceday Macro Virus" but
"with a different, harmless payload macro" in the Xmldso.cab file (the XML
classes that are included in the Microsoft VM).

Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2000 May Produce a Virus Alert During
Service Pack 1 Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;270120

SYMPTOMS
Norton AntiVirus 2000's Auto-Protect may detect the WM.NiceDay virus
when you install a Windows Update or extract .cab files.

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:04:02 GMT, in
<Xns93D98E221D1E3nicolekidmanhotmailc@207.69.154.2 06>
Nicole Kidman scrawled:

--