Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't get into BOTH explorers !!!!!!!

Can't get into BOTH explorers !!!!!!!

Tommy

Hi people

Could someone please help me with this strange problem?

The thing is, I can't get into Windows Explorer OR Internet Explorer !!
Although I can get into Outlook Express !! It's crazy.
It started the other day, when I tried to go into Internet Explorer, it
comes up with the "Windows has encountered a problem" box, with the 'Send
report's or 'Don't send' boxes at the bottom. The same thing happens when I
try to view my files from Windows Explorer, it comes up with the same error
box. I'm running Windows XP Pro, and I just re-installed there, and it's
just the same.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

MaryL

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FQr%a.516$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi people
>
> Could someone please help me with this strange problem?
>
> The thing is, I can't get into Windows Explorer OR Internet Explorer !!
> Although I can get into Outlook Express !! It's crazy.
> It started the other day, when I tried to go into Internet Explorer, it
> comes up with the "Windows has encountered a problem" box, with the 'Send
> report's or 'Don't send' boxes at the bottom. The same thing happens when

> try to view my files from Windows Explorer, it comes up with the same

error
> box. I'm running Windows XP Pro, and I just re-installed there, and it's
> just the same.
>
> Any ideas anybody?
>
> Thanks

I notice that you use Win XP. Did you try System Restore to try to correct
the problem? It may be too late to try this now, of course, since you say
that you reinstalled.

MaryL

Tommy

"MaryL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FQr%a.516$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi people
> >
> > Could someone please help me with this strange problem?
> >
> > The thing is, I can't get into Windows Explorer OR Internet Explorer !!
> > Although I can get into Outlook Express !! It's crazy.
> > It started the other day, when I tried to go into Internet Explorer, it
> > comes up with the "Windows has encountered a problem" box, with the

'Send
> > report's or 'Don't send' boxes at the bottom. The same thing happens

when
> > try to view my files from Windows Explorer, it comes up with the same

> error
> > box. I'm running Windows XP Pro, and I just re-installed there, and it's
> > just the same.
> >
> > Any ideas anybody?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> I notice that you use Win XP. Did you try System Restore to try to

correct
> the problem? It may be too late to try this now, of course, since you say
> that you reinstalled.
>
> MaryL

Yeah, I tried that when it first started to happen, but it didn't work. It
said it couldn't go back. Weird, I know. I really don't want to format and
install Win XP again, I'd rather get it sorted with a patch or something.

Liz

Click Start> Settings> Control Panel> Add/Remove programs>
click on IE6 & Internet tools> choose Repair Internet Explore>

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi people
>
> Could someone please help me with this strange problem?
>
> The thing is, I can't get into Windows Explorer OR Internet Explorer !!
> Although I can get into Outlook Express !! It's crazy.
> It started the other day, when I tried to go into Internet Explorer, it
> comes up with the "Windows has encountered a problem" box, with the 'Send
> report's or 'Don't send' boxes at the bottom. The same thing happens when I
> try to view my files from Windows Explorer, it comes up with the same error
> box. I'm running Windows XP Pro, and I just re-installed there, and it's
> just the same.
>
> Any ideas anybody?
>
> Thanks

Monsignor Larville Jones MD

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tommy wrote:
>> Hi people
>>
>> Could someone please help me with this strange problem?
>>
>> The thing is, I can't get into Windows Explorer OR Internet Explorer
>> !! Although I can get into Outlook Express !! It's crazy.
>> It started the other day, when I tried to go into Internet Explorer,
>> it comes up with the "Windows has encountered a problem" box, with
>> the 'Send report's or 'Don't send' boxes at the bottom.

>How about looking at the details that it wants to send, thiere might be a
>clue thiere, or something that you could do a 'Google' search on. (whoops
>sorry, you can't use IE., anyways..)

I've asked the professionals over there, and, to the best of their
knowledge, they're sure that there is no such word as 'theire'.

There, there.

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

Patrick

Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:
> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Tommy wrote:
>>> Hi people
>>>
>>> Could someone please help me with this strange problem?
>>>
>>> The thing is, I can't get into Windows Explorer OR Internet Explorer
>>> !! Although I can get into Outlook Express !! It's crazy.
>>> It started the other day, when I tried to go into Internet Explorer,
>>> it comes up with the "Windows has encountered a problem" box, with
>>> the 'Send report's or 'Don't send' boxes at the bottom.

>> How about looking at the details that it wants to send, thiere might
>> be a clue thiere, or something that you could do a 'Google' search
>> on. (whoops sorry, you can't use IE., anyways..)

> I've asked the professionals over there, and, to the best of their
> knowledge, they're sure that there is no such word as 'theire'.
>
> There, there.

Where, where !! ""