Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

Dewman

I would recommend disconnecting KaZaA, as they are watching you...... What I
mean is that if you keep using it, in US only, they will charge you a whopping
$350,000 PER SONG / VIDEO. Thank you.

>Subject: Am I being 'watched'?!
>From: "NoOne" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 8/15/2003 5:37 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>Here's a weird one! I have DialUp connection and have long (very long)
>sessions on the internet mainly due to downloading huge files like videos
>from Kazaa etc., so I could be online for literally days (and nights) at a
>time. I only have a single phone connection so when I'm online no-one can
>phone me (like the mother-in-law)....
>But....'every time I disconnect from the internet, the phone rings right
>away....'and I DO mean right away! Within a second!
>It never fails! It's always some assole from a computer magazine or similar
>wanting to know if I would like to subscribe to their mag, or fill in a
>'survey' over the phone! Now, I'm all for believing in co-incedence when
>something like this happens once or twice, but when it happens every time I
>disconnect over a period of a month....'I really have to ask myself just
>what the hell is going on.
>I'm convinced that they 'know' when I'm offline and my phone is not engaged.
>Does anyone know how they do this, and more to the point, is it illegal?!
>And...'is there anything I can do about it?
>Geo.

real address is Dewman200x(at)AOL(dot)com. Thank you.

Do the Dew.