Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

ilmc

<snip>
"Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as your
phone become un-engaged.

NoOne

"ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:auc%a.13373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <snip>
> "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

your
> phone become un-engaged.

Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
can do to stop it?
Geo.

Brian H

NoOne said:

> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:auc%a.13373$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <snip>
>> "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as your
>> phone become un-engaged.
>>

> Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
> can do to stop it?
> Geo.

Ofcourse it's legal, it's a paid for service from telephone companies.

code_wrong

"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a7d%a.1472$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:auc%a.13373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > <snip>
> > "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

> your
> > phone become un-engaged.
> >

> Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
> can do to stop it?
> Geo.

Call BT and get them to add you to the do_not_call list. Reputable companies
do not call those who are on the list.
I can't remember the exact name of this option ... but someone at BT should
know what you want .....

cw

Kraftee

code_wrong wrote:
> "NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a7d%a.1472$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> news:auc%a.13373$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> <snip>
>>> "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as

soon
>>> as your phone become un-engaged.
>>>

>> Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there
>> something I can do to stop it?
>> Geo.

> Call BT and get them to add you to the do_not_call list. Reputable
> companies do not call those who are on the list.
> I can't remember the exact name of this option ... but someone at BT
> should know what you want .....
>
> cw

It's called TPS & is a seperate entity to BT so don't call BT go to
the link below & register, bearing in mind this could stop all
companies contacting you & you may want some of them to.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/TpsR/html/default.asp

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Nick Worley

"NoOne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a7d%a.1472$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:auc%a.13373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > <snip>
> > "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

> your
> > phone become un-engaged.
> >

> Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
> can do to stop it?

It's legal, although irritating all the same.
If you're based in the UK you can call the Telephone Preference Service on
0800 398893 and give your details, then you should notice a dramatic decline
(or complete cessation) of unsolicited calls. It's worked for me anyway.
Regards
Nick

nemo

NoOne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a7d%a.1472$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:auc%a.13373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > <snip>
> > "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

> your
> > phone become un-engaged.
> >

> Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
> can do to stop it?
> Geo.

See my last post.

Nemo