Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Registered User

Registered User

Bobby

Does anyone please know how I change the person registered for Windows 98
without having to reinstall the operating system.?
Also does anyone know how to do the same thing for Office 97?

Thanks

°Mike°

There are plenty of tools that will let you do this.
http://www.google.com/search?q=chang...+user+freeware

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:11:24 +0000 (UTC), in
<bhgtts$ipj$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bobby scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Psytaur

"Bobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhgtts$ipj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone please know how I change the person registered for Windows

98
> without having to reinstall the operating system.?
> Also does anyone know how to do the same thing for Office 97?

As Mike suggested or: To change you ownership value: Go to start,
run, (type in) regedit hit OK . Expand these:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion . On the
right side you will see RegisteredOwner , double click it and type in
what you want it to be.
Similar for Office 97, but I don't have it on mine so go to start,
run, (type in) regedit hit OK . On the top select Edit then find and
type in office, or 97 it will (after 30 seconds or so) bring you to the
general area, look in the right panel for a value pertaining to
registered and change it in the same manner.