Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > helppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

helppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

andrew bellenie

got a problem with my laptop!! can anyone help!??

after about five minutes of being online i get a message saying that it
needs to shutdown and gives me a countdown from a minute until it shuts
down!

something to do with the RPC remote proceedure call

i disabled this but this caused other problems such as the installer on my
laptop not to work... so did a system restore and the problem still
exists... can any1 help

Boomer

andrew bellenie said:

> got a problem with my laptop!! can anyone help!??
>

> after about five minutes of being online i get a message saying
> that it needs to shutdown and gives me a countdown from a minute
> until it shuts down!
>
> something to do with the RPC remote proceedure call
>
> i disabled this but this caused other problems such as the
> installer on my laptop not to work... so did a system restore and
> the problem still exists... can any1 help

Hi

You might want to read some recent messages at this newsgroup.

It's a new and rapidly spreading virus.

Such as:
Subject: RPC & NT Authority problem fix
Subject: Remote Procedure Call Service terminated unexpectedly?
Subject: RPC???
Subject: ****** Is your system shutting down (Remote Procedure Call)?
******
Subject: Re: Windows keeps shutting itself down

HTH

Ed Malphrus

Its the MSBLASTER worm. See anywhere for info.

"andrew bellenie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jQO_a.24486$(E-Mail Removed)...
> got a problem with my laptop!! can anyone help!??
>

> after about five minutes of being online i get a message saying that it
> needs to shutdown and gives me a countdown from a minute until it shuts
> down!
>
> something to do with the RPC remote proceedure call
>
> i disabled this but this caused other problems such as the installer on my
> laptop not to work... so did a system restore and the problem still
> exists... can any1 help

why?

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:42:02 GMT, Ed Malphrus wrote:

>Its the MSBLASTER worm. See anywhere for info.

'anywhere' LOL, good one <grin>

>"andrew bellenie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:jQO_a.24486$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> got a problem with my laptop!! can anyone help!??
>>

>> after about five minutes of being online i get a message saying that it
>> needs to shutdown and gives me a countdown from a minute until it shuts
>> down!

<snip>

Me

N e v s

> Me

Why?

Brian H供

N e v s said:

>> Me

> Why?

That's right.

DC

Brian H供 wrote:

> N e v s said:
>
>>> Me

>> Why?

> That's right.

Purple.

--
DC

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Gary G. Taylor

Brian H供 wrote:

> Boomer said:
>
>> DC said: