Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > More Needless single-user start-up choice

More Needless single-user start-up choice

Paul Hoberg

"Paul Hoberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net:

> I'm the only user of my WinXP HE computer. One of the updates
> made a change, so now when I start the computer, it stops

mid-way
> and makes me click on my name. I do not use a password, so I

can
> see no benefit for this opportunity to pick a user - only one -
> me. Also, this seems dangerously susceptible to a virus or
> hacker, because some of my software protection does not start up
> until after I select myself as the user. This software was
> installed before the change occurred, and I was not given a

choice
> of when during the start-up process these virus protections and
> firewall protections should begin. Can I change it back, so I

can
> turn on the computer, then leave for a few minutes, and come

back
> to find the start-up process completely finished? How?

control panel, administrative services, computer management...
open local users and groups - click users
delete all the user accounts added by the .net framework
It will now boot straight into windows.

Jj, thanks for the help... but, the computer management window
does not offer any "open local users and groups". Is it hidden
from me, because, while I'm the only user, I do not have
administrator privileges?

Jj

"Paul Hoberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:SSN_a.2366$2x.294
@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net:

>> control panel, administrative services, computer management...
>> open local users and groups - click users
>> delete all the user accounts added by the .net framework
>> It will now boot straight into windows.

> Jj, thanks for the help... but, the computer management window
> does not offer any "open local users and groups". Is it hidden
> from me, because, while I'm the only user, I do not have
> administrator privileges?

To clarify, in the computer management window in the left pane, you should
see:
Computer MAnagement (local)
Sytem Tools

Expand the branches under sytem tools to get to Users:
Sytem Tools -> Local Users and Groups -> Users

Click "users" in the left pane to get the list of users in the right pane.
Delete the unnecessary accounts from there by right clicking.

If you can't see any of that and can't log in as administrator then I'm not
sure what to do...

Maven generates needless javadocs for generated classes Jukka Lahtinen Java 1 02-24-2011 07:27 AM
Needless copying in iterations? James Stroud Python 22 09-17-2007 04:44 AM
optparse, needless argument, mac os x intel Aaron Smith Ruby 2 03-12-2007 06:39 AM
Needless casts? Joona I Palaste Java 15 04-25-2004 10:14 PM
Needless single-user start-up choice Paul Hoberg Computer Support 1 08-13-2003 09:22 PM

Advertisments