Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Indexing Service filter daemon

Indexing Service filter daemon

Roger Duke

My firewall asked me whether to allow the "Indexing Service filter
daemon" to access the Net. I'm guessing that it's part of the Windows
Indexing Service, which I find useful, but could someone please tell me
why it needs to access the Net.
Using Norton Personal Firewall on Windows XP HE
TIA
Roger