Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > port 135 attack

port 135 attack

area 51

I assume this is that virus? 354 attempts in a couple of hours.
Well done zone alarm.

Mcploppy

area 51 bashed at the keyboard and said :

> I assume this is that virus? 354 attempts in a couple of hours.
> Well done zone alarm.

Found this, it will tell you why 135 is being blasted, and why from a
specific IP address range
http://www.avp.ch/avpve/worms/win32/lovesan.stm

--
Mcploppy

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me}
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
{ Download Messenger 6 http://tinyurl.com/h7co }

paul s

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:15:29 +0000, area 51 wrote:

> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) is not a domain name

From the below mentioned URL:

------------
IMPORTANT! Do not make up domain names! Most of them actually exist, and
your fakery could cause them a lot of woe. Certain domains are already
virtually useless because of folks using them in mungs and forgeries.
Plus, new domain names are being added all the time, and you never know
if someone might want to use your mung; your actions today -do- have an
effect on the future! It is almost as harmful to add something directly
after the @ sign, and doing so may not prevent the delivery of messages
anyway.
DON'T: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-isp.com
DON'T: (E-Mail Removed)
DON'T: (E-Mail Removed) (instead of COM) DO:
(E-Mail Removed)LID
(Use -only- .INVALID to do this!)

* Do not use a totally faked address, especially one that looks real.
DON'T: (E-Mail Removed)

* Do not make it *too* obvious by using a 'standard' mung. Invent your
own, or choose an unusual one of those you have seen. If everyone uses
the same mung, it becomes easier for junk emailers to strip them out.
DON'T: (E-Mail Removed)
DO: (E-Mail Removed)AH-DAH-DAH

--
Paul S
- Batteries not included. Offer not valid in some states. -

Closing port 135 and disabling DCOM affect Task Scheduler? updata@noemail.com Computer Support 3 01-05-2008 10:34 AM
Odd Port 135 Probes? Chuck Computer Security 1 01-22-2004 02:18 AM
Block port 135 Peder Computer Support 9 12-18-2003 05:51 PM
port 135 dreamer Computer Support 5 07-27-2003 11:47 AM
Any one do a mini-few-sec digital handheld videocam for re-attack after violent road rage attack? dorothy.bradbury Digital Photography 15 07-20-2003 11:58 PM

Advertisments