Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Blaster Worm Update

Re: Blaster Worm Update

Jay

"Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just reported on the news:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

If I've just updated my virus definitions (AVG) do I still need to d/l the
MS patch?
Win2k Pro.

Jay

Jay

"Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
newsql_a.114788$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just reported on the news:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

> If I've just updated my virus definitions (AVG) do I still need to d/l the
> MS patch?
> Win2k Pro.
>
> Jay

Not to worry, looked in my add/remove programs and I'd been a good boy and
already d/l the patch.

Jay

PWB

My PC kept shuting dow and rebooting yesterday (this is what seems to
happen) and I didn't know what it was but after about the third time AVG
picked it up and asked me to run it . it then healed it when I ran the full
scan.
"Jay" <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
newsql_a.114788$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just reported on the news:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

> If I've just updated my virus definitions (AVG) do I still need to d/l the
> MS patch?
> Win2k Pro.
>
> Jay

Robert de Brus

In newsql_a.114788$(E-Mail Removed),
Jay <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> typed
|| "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
|| message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
||| Just reported on the news:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html
|| If I've just updated my virus definitions (AVG) do I still need to
|| d/l the MS patch?
|| Win2k Pro.
|| Jay

it would be a good idea if you haven't already. Remember the patch has been
out for some time, so *should* really already be installed.

---
Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

Robert de Brus

In news:6hr_a.11512$(E-Mail Removed),
Kraftee <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
|| "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
|| news:5ro_a.815$(E-Mail Removed)
||| In newsql_a.114788$(E-Mail Removed),
||| Jay <qpr@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> typed
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html
||| it would be a good idea if you haven't already. Remember the patch
||| has been out for some time, so *should* really already be installed.
||| ---
||| Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus
||| Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
|| But it's never been on the windows update pages (or did I miss it).
|| Last time something like this was publicised it took a week or so
|| before the patch was put on there...

Well I have it installed and I don't remember doing it, and I certainly
haven't installed it in the past week.

---
Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, Kraftee mused:

| But it's never been on the windows update pages (or did I miss it).
|
| Last time something like this was publicised it took a week or so
| before the patch was put on there...

The patch was issued on (I believe) July 14, and my system shows I
installed it on July 19 from Windows Update.