Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Completely removing the Opera Web Browser

Re: Completely removing the Opera Web Browser

°Mike°

You need to re-associate your *current* browser as the default.
For IE, go to Tools / Internet Options / Programs and check the
box: 'Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
default browser'. Now start IE and confirm 'Yes' when it asks
if you want to make it default.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:38:04 +0100, in
<bhbj85$gkr$(E-Mail Removed)>
KarateKid scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

KarateKid

Mike, I've tried this but firstly it doesnt ask me to confirm whether IE is
now the default browser and it still gives me the message "error
inintialising opera" from lots of links like it is still the default browser
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to re-associate your *current* browser as the default.
> For IE, go to Tools / Internet Options / Programs and check the
> box: 'Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
> default browser'. Now start IE and confirm 'Yes' when it asks
> if you want to make it default.
>

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:38:04 +0100, in
> <bhbj85$gkr$(E-Mail Removed)>
> KarateKid scrawled:
>
> >Please help
> >
> >I have removed Opera through the Add/Remove programs but when I type in

> >the address box in the taskbar it says Error initialising opera which
> >suggests to me that it hasnt been completely removed. Anybody got a

solution
> >to this. Win XP
> >
> >Many thanks
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Make sure that ALL instances of IE and OE are closed, then go to
Control Panel / Internet Options / Programs, uncheck the option,
press 'Apply', recheck the option and press 'Apply' again. Open
up IE and it *should* ask you to set as default.

If you still have problems, see my sig.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:17:52 +0100, in
<bhbp38$l5r$(E-Mail Removed)>
KarateKid scrawled: