Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows xp shutdown

Windows xp shutdown

Lou Labetti

it is not a traditional virus. Go into your dial up properties - advanced
and enable your xp firewall

BigLou
http://www.drumcorp.com

"star2fire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tyg_a.9719$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...

> > From Earthlink? I never had a connection problem with EL here or in
> > another state.
> >

> Once I got that damn virus thing, I would get about a minute before my
> computer informed me it was going to shut down. I would let it reboot,

log
> in again, and come back in here, and read as much as I could for the next
> minute before I got that shut down window again. I am still trying to fix
> it in fact. I have it patched but I haven't been able to locate and

delete
> the virus yet. There are other updates I need as well.
> star2fire

Boomer

Ralph Wade Phillips said:

> Howdy!
>
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f392952$0$225$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
>> Ralph Wade Phillips said:
>>
>> > Howdy!

>> > For this one, I'd cut the guy some slack - I bet he can't
>> > stay on
>> > long enough to pull the messages down!
>> >
>> > RwP

>> Blueyonder is that bad?
>>
>> Poor guy/gal.

> No, the RPC shutdown bug is a 1 minute timer ...
>
> So if he's already hit, he's screwed to finding old messages!
>
> RwP

Ouch!!!

Thanks for explaining.

Kraftee

"Jérémie" <moi@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:zKg_a.4404$(E-Mail Removed)
> If you are using Norton, McAfee or other antivirus programs, I
> suggest that you disable them for a little while.
>
> Then go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and run the free online
> scan...
>
> This will help you get rid of the blaster worm.

Just how is he going to do that when he's already infected & going
thru the 1 minute shut down/start up cycle????
--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Girimaster Girimaster is offline
Junior Member

Guys,

For this problem the solution is very simple, but for that you need to have latest registry backup of your system.Follow the simple steps:

1) Boot your system
2) Restore your latest registry to the current one ( I mean replace )
3) Restart your PC
4) Run fix for this worm.

What you do is you restore the rgistry values to old one which are changed by this worm and give time to run the FIx.

So always keep registry back up with you ..

Hope this help.....

Regards
Girimaster

Girimaster Girimaster is offline
Junior Member

Or even if you AV like Macafee ( with latest updates) will immediatly remove this infection as you boot the PC.