Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > virus or hoax?

virus or hoax?

JeffK

I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a teddy bear
icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's supposed to spread

I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon after
told that it was a hoax.

Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

TIA, JeffK

Martin

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a teddy bear
>icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's supposed to spread
>
>I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon after
>told that it was a hoax.
>
>Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

Yes it is a well known hoax

Patrick

JeffK wrote:
> I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a
> teddy bear icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's
> supposed to spread
>
> I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon
> after told that it was a hoax.
>
> Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?
>
> TIA, JeffK

It's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax

Apparently it dosn't matter a lot if you do delete it, because it's just a
file used by proggramers.

It's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a h....

IAA Architecten T. Zoetebier

H O A X

"JeffK" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:cb1_a.14$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a teddy

bear
> icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's supposed to spread
>
> I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon

after
> told that it was a hoax.
>
> Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?
>
> TIA, JeffK

-= Hawk =-

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a teddy bear
>icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's supposed to spread
>
>I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon after
>told that it was a hoax.
>
>Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
it's a hoax again?

--

Exxy is my hero!

-= Hawk =-

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:27:01 +0100, "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>-= Hawk =- wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
>>
>>> I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a
>>> teddy bear icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's
>>> supposed to spread
>>>
>>> I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was
>>> soon after told that it was a hoax.
>>>
>>> Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?

>> You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
>> it's a hoax again?

>Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because the the
>OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

Are you a complete and utter moron or is it you just can't ****ing
comprehend what you read?

--

Exxy is my hero!

Patrick

-= Hawk =- wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:27:01 +0100, "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> scribbled:
>
>> -= Hawk =- wrote:
>>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +0100, "JeffK"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>>> You were already told it was a hoax and now you want to be told
>>> it's a hoax again?

>> Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because
>> the the OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

> Are you a complete and utter moron or is it you just can't ****ing
> comprehend what you read?

Quote from second post of OP (~2hrs prior to your post);

OK everyone I now know it's a HOAX. I suspected it was, but wanted to check!
Thanks!

Unquote:

So, 'Dickie bird', why not afford an apology to the OP and myself ?
(or just fly away !).

jc

who said she/he wasn't a programmer.....? but yes it is a hoax so don't
delete it...if u delete it, it might mess up anything to with java.....even
running sites with java......i know someone that deleted it awhile ago and
end up having that problem...even if u do happen to delete it, it is easy to
get back...............

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ah1_a.10544$(E-Mail Removed)...
> JeffK wrote:
> > I just received a warning about a virus "jdbgmgr.exe". This has a
> > teddy bear icon & is found in C:/WINNT/system32 (in XP), it's
> > supposed to spread
> >
> > I think I remember getting this warning about 6 months ago & was soon
> > after told that it was a hoax.
> >
> > Before I go ahead & delete the file - anyone know anymore about this?
> >
> > TIA, JeffK

> It's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax
>
> Apparently it dosn't matter a lot if you do delete it, because it's just a
> file used by proggramers.
>
> It's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a hoax, it's a h....

-= Hawk =-

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:05:34 +0100, "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>-= Hawk =- wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:27:01 +0100, "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> scribbled:

>>> Are you refering to another thread by the OP or this thread, because
>>> the the OP has certainly been told (and understood) in this thread.

>> Are you a complete and utter moron or is it you just can't ****ing
>> comprehend what you read?

>Quote from second post of OP (~2hrs prior to your post);

Am I replying to his 2nd post, imbecile? Maybe I didn't even SEE
his second post, shitlips. Did you ever THINK of that?

>So, 'Dickie bird', why not afford an apology to the OP and myself ?

I'm sorry you're such a ****ing moron. I'm sorry you don't grasp
the distributed medium that usenet is. I'm sorry you can't comprehend
what you read. I'm sorry your mother gave birth to you. I'm sorry your
father didn't wear a condom.

--

Exxy is my hero!

JeffK

I suspected it was a hoax, but thought this might have been a real virus
with a similar name to the one I encountered 6 months ago, SO I WANTED TO
CHECK!! (Why do you have a problem with this?) As soon as I was reassured
that it WAS a hoax I posted a second message thanking people for their
help - so, again: what's your problem?

Why does this newsgroup have so many posters that have nothing much useful
to say, that I can see, but seem keen to attack & criticize others?
Obviously I'm not as clever or knowledgeable as you, but then I doubt if
you've met many people who you thought were at your level!

Go on - flame away. You know you want to!!