Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adobe Photo Deluxe

Adobe Photo Deluxe

Rusi

I cannot open Adobe Photo Deluxe. I get the following message:

"Could not initialize Adobe Photo Deluxe because the primary scratch disk is
full. We suggest you free some space on your scratch drive before
continuing."

What is a scratch disk? I have WindowsXP and the capacity of my hard drive
is 120GB of which only about 7GB is used.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Rusi

°Mike°

Error "Scratch disk is full" When Editing an Image in
PhotoDeluxe 3.x and Later for Windows
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2f026.htm

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:25:39 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Rusi scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

nemo

Rusi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I cannot open Adobe Photo Deluxe. I get the following message:
>
> "Could not initialize Adobe Photo Deluxe because the primary scratch disk

is
> full. We suggest you free some space on your scratch drive before
> continuing."
>
> What is a scratch disk?

It's a temporary file a program puts on your HD to store whatever it's
working on and bits of the program it's not currently using that there isn't
room for in memory.

Windoze uses one as well but it calls it a swap file and it looks like this:
WIN386.SWP

These are by default on your C:\ drive with all your other stuff and can
fill it up surprisingly quickly.

I have WindowsXP and the capacity of my hard drive
> is 120GB of which only about 7GB is used.
>
> Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Rusi
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

Odd with such a large HD. Is your Primary Drive a small partition of this?

I don't know Photo Deluxe, but if there's an Option or Preference which
allows you to relocate the program's scratch disk, put it in a partition
other than C:\ and make sure the partition has always got about 300M free in
it. Shouldn't be difficult ).

My scratchdisk for Photoshop 6 is in D:\ and I always make sure there's at
least half a gig free there.

Also, If Photo Deluxe has crashed on you a few times, the old scratchdisk
files might still be there, taking up space.

In Photoshop, the filenames look like this: ~PST2657.tmp Should look
similar.

I've only got a 6.8G HD in three partitions so I have to be careful of this.
(Don't laugh! It was a lot in 1997!!)

How much of your 7GB is files and how much is programs? I have read recently
that if you have much more than 7 or 8 GB of programs on your HD this can
upset Windows. I think it was in Computer Shopper magazine, so it might be
Windows that's causing it. If there are any programs on there that you never
use, remove them.

If that doesn't cure the trouble, get on to Adobe.

You could also try asking about this on

Hope this helps and good luck. And do save up for Photoshop. It's well worth
it.

Nemo

Photo Deluxe problem solved jwr4@webtv.net Digital Photography 0 11-14-2005 07:56 PM
Adobe Photo Deluxe jwr4@webtv.net Digital Photography 2 11-13-2005 12:59 AM
Photo Deluxe Rider NZ Computing 0 10-04-2004 12:32 AM
Paint Shop Photo Album 5 Deluxe Edition Just Come Out Daniel Digital Photography 2 05-14-2004 06:02 PM

Advertisments