Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Generic Host Process for Win32 has encountered a problem and needs to close???????

Generic Host Process for Win32 has encountered a problem and needs to close???????

KarateKid

Please help, I am getting this error message in Both IE6 and Outlook XP
followed by an error box saying System is shutting down and was inititaed by
NTAuthority\system because the remote proceedure call (RPC) service was
terminated unexpectedly

What does this mean?

Please help

°Mike°

<Fourth time ... weird!>

The RPC Service Stops with Event ID 7031
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;327148

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:20:24 +0100, in
<bh8ts3$nl3$(E-Mail Removed)>
KarateKid scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Update thanks to McFloppy. There is a virus doing the rounds that
uses the following exploit. Install the patch.

Buffer Overrun In RPC Interface Could Allow Code Execution (823980)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...n/MS03-026.asp

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:00:23 +0100, in
<bh9014$vgu3v$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Mcploppy © scrawled:

> °Mike° bashed at the keyboard and said :
>
>> Update thanks to McFloppy. <snip>

>MCFLOPPY !!!!!!

Yeah, see the other thread.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Mcploppy ©

°Mike° bashed at the keyboard and said :

> Update thanks to McFloppy. <snip>

MCFLOPPY !!!!!!
--
Mcploppy ©

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me}
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
{ Download Messenger 6 http://tinyurl.com/h7co }

Mcploppy ©

°Mike° bashed at the keyboard and said :

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:00:23 +0100, in
> <bh9014$vgu3v$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> Mcploppy © scrawled:
>

>> °Mike° bashed at the keyboard and said :
>>
>>> Update thanks to McFloppy. <snip>

>> MCFLOPPY !!!!!!

> Yeah, see the other thread.

Saw it