Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > your stay in Scarborough

your stay in Scarborough

Norma Kent

Dear Moses

We received your letter via Pastor Paul Haworth. I would like to be frank &
clear. We had not made up our mind about having you. We have had lodgers
before & it hasn't been the best of experiences. And we are a little
apprehensive more so as you may be with us a year. How ever we are willing
to try once again. It maybe best that we have a trial period. If it doesn't
work out then we will help you to find other accommodation. But if this God'
s will then we will all get on well & it will be a positive experience. A
bit about Scarborough & ourselves. We will expecting you to contribute
towards the electric, gas & water as well as for the room. We thought 160
per calendar month. There is a bus at the top of the road that goes past the
main college gates regularly as we are about 3 miles from the college. We
are the only Seventh-day Adventists in the town. There is another 10 miles
out. The nearest church is 45miles away in York; the next is 50 miles in
Hull. We have been here nearly 3 years, having been forced to retire early
due to ill health. We are in the process of building up Sabbath Bible Study
Group in our home. It is still early days as it is very hard to evangelise
in Britain. We have anywhere between 2-13 people, most being Adventists who
are supporting us, but we do have 3 non-Adventists that do attend sometimes.
Though we do have several more contacts that may join us some day in the
future. When you arrive we will be beginning a low-key outreach to run
through October & November. Scarborough is on the north East Coast, it is
can be windy here, rainy & foggy & I except you will find it cold, so bring
some thick clothing. But this is one of the most beautiful parts of our
country. There is some stunning scenery around here, from sheer cliffs full
of seabirds in the summer, moor land & hidden valleys, wandering streams &
tiny picturesque villages. The town is a fairly small holiday resort with a
little industry. We would be pleased if you would confirm your arrival date
as soon as you are able so that we can have your room ready. Yours in Christ
John & Norma Kent.

stickems

Can I bring my brother Aaron?

news:bh65u2$klj$(E-Mail Removed)...

&
> clear. We had not made up our mind about having you. We have had lodgers
> before & it hasn't been the best of experiences. And we are a little
> apprehensive more so as you may be with us a year. How ever we are willing
> to try once again. It maybe best that we have a trial period. If it

doesn't
> work out then we will help you to find other accommodation. But if this

God'
> s will then we will all get on well & it will be a positive experience. A
> bit about Scarborough & ourselves. We will expecting you to contribute
> towards the electric, gas & water as well as for the room. We thought 160
> per calendar month. There is a bus at the top of the road that goes past

the
> main college gates regularly as we are about 3 miles from the college. We
> are the only Seventh-day Adventists in the town. There is another 10 miles
> out. The nearest church is 45miles away in York; the next is 50 miles in
> Hull. We have been here nearly 3 years, having been forced to retire early
> due to ill health. We are in the process of building up Sabbath Bible

Study
> Group in our home. It is still early days as it is very hard to evangelise
> in Britain. We have anywhere between 2-13 people, most being Adventists

who
> are supporting us, but we do have 3 non-Adventists that do attend

sometimes.
> Though we do have several more contacts that may join us some day in the
> future. When you arrive we will be beginning a low-key outreach to run
> through October & November. Scarborough is on the north East Coast, it is
> can be windy here, rainy & foggy & I except you will find it cold, so

bring
> some thick clothing. But this is one of the most beautiful parts of our
> country. There is some stunning scenery around here, from sheer cliffs

full
> of seabirds in the summer, moor land & hidden valleys, wandering streams &
> tiny picturesque villages. The town is a fairly small holiday resort with

> little industry. We would be pleased if you would confirm your arrival

date
> as soon as you are able so that we can have your room ready. Yours in

Christ
> John & Norma Kent.

anthonyberet

Norma Kent wrote:
<snip>
> it is very hard to evangelise in Britain.

Good.
bounce.
anthonyberet

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as anthonyberet continued:

No, why ?
--
slumpy
no more

Bryan

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bh6m50$v47lh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de
> slumpy wrote:
>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
>> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as anthonyberet
>> continued:

<snip>

>>> Please tell me you copied this via email?

>> No, why ?

> because it would make me laugh even more if you had

The guy's a natural comic!
For chrisake, Slumpy, write a bleedin' book will you?!

Jimchip

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 01:08:13 +0100, Michael Thompson wrote:

>> > No, why ?

>> because it would make me laugh even more if you had
>> --
>> Put "usenet" in the subject-line if you want to mail me, otherwise it will
>> bounce.
>> anthonyberet
>>

> For gods sake trim your replys

You need to leave attributions in so that readers will know who said
what. And, BTW, your 'trimming' was so severe that the post makes little
sense.

http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
"Be accurate with your attributions. That is in displaying who said
what..."

--
"I give up, you don't want to see that there is a difference between
being in something and being in something that is attached to, a part

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:

> "anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bh6m50$v47lh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de
>> slumpy wrote:
>>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
>>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as anthonyberet
>>> continued:

> <snip>

>>> No, why ?

>> because it would make me laugh even more if you had

> The guy's a natural comic!
> For chrisake, Slumpy, write a bleedin' book will you?!

Maybe I should....
--
slumpy
no more

anthonyberet

Michael Thompson wrote:
>>> No, why ?

>> because it would make me laugh even more if you had
>> --
>> Put "usenet" in the subject-line if you want to mail me, otherwise
>> it will bounce.
>> anthonyberet
>>

> For gods sake trim your replys

Fair do's, that one could have done with a snip...
Mind you, you should have trimmed my .sig (I don't believe its broken
either.....)
bounce.
anthonyberet