Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > camcorder and pc connection help please

camcorder and pc connection help please

billbo68

I have just got a Samsung 8mm camcorder because it has analogue output i.e.
2phono plugs video and sound can I still edit films on my pc if so what do I
need to get thankyou for any help given

paul s

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:26:27 +0100, billbo68 wrote:

> I have just got a Samsung 8mm camcorder because it has analogue output i.e.
> 2phono plugs video and sound can I still edit films on my pc if so what do I
> need to get thankyou for any help given

Go here:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/Category....=1&Langue_ID=7

--
Paul S
- Polygon: A dead parrot (sorry, John Clese!) -

MrToad

billbo68 wrote:

> I have just got a Samsung 8mm camcorder because it has analogue output i.e.
> 2phono plugs video and sound can I still edit films on my pc if so what do I
> need to get thankyou for any help given

You'll need:

A stand alone video capture card or a video card that has this
capability, [I use the Gainward GeForce 4800se, works great].

Cabling: You can use regular RCA sound cables for your input.

Video capture software, if you're using XP, MS Moviemaker can do it, or
go get Virtual Dub, [better].

Then use MS Moviemaker or some other software to author and save your video.

HTH

MrToad