Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hotmail auto sign in

hotmail auto sign in

baglady

Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in with
*my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows anyone to
look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I also have the
option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have visited
SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing in.
Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

Brian H供

baglady said:

> Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in with
> *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows anyone to
> look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I also have the
> option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have visited
> SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing in.
> Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in again, don't
choose the option to "Remember my name and password on this computer".

Runar Furenes

Here is my reply to baglady's post at 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Saturday 09
August 2003 10:20 am:
Remove the icon

--
Runar Furenes
Norway

baglady

"Runar Furenes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here is my reply to baglady's post at 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Saturday

09
> August 2003 10:20 am:
> Remove the icon
> > Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in
> > with *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows
> > anyone to look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I

also
> > have the option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have

visited
> > SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing

in.
> > Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

> --
> Runar Furenes
> Norway

I am sorry but it doesn't work. Where in Norway are you if you don't mind me
asking?

baglady

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hr2Za.8360$(E-Mail Removed)...
> baglady said:
>
> > Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in

with
> > *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows anyone

> > look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I also have

the
> > option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have visited
> > SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing

in.
> > Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

> Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in again,

don't
> choose the option to "Remember my name and password on this computer".

Sorry to be dim but how do I delete the passport cookie??

trout

baglady wrote:

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hr2Za.8360$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> baglady said:
>>
>>> Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing
>>> in with
>>> *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows
>>> anyone to look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended.
>>> I also have the option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I
>>> have visited
>>> SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic
>>> signing in. Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

>> Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in
>> again, don't choose the option to "Remember my name and password on
>> this computer".
>>

> Sorry to be dim but how do I delete the passport cookie??

Look in the "Cookies" folder in Windows. Find the one with the right
name.
--
"Delete it."

baglady

news:bh2ebu$tc1d2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> baglady wrote:
>
> > "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:hr2Za.8360$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in
> >> again, don't choose the option to "Remember my name and password on
> >> this computer".
> >>

> > Sorry to be dim but how do I delete the passport cookie??

> Look in the "Cookies" folder in Windows. Find the one with the right
> name.
> --
> "Delete it."

Umm.... I don't have any cookies in this folder. What should I do now?

gangle

"baglady" wrote

> "Runar Furenes" wrote in message
> > Here is my reply to baglady's post at 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Saturday

> 09
> > August 2003 10:20 am:
> > Remove the icon
> > > Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in
> > > with *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows
> > > anyone to look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I

> also
> > > have the option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have

> visited
> > > SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing

> in.
> > > Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

> > --
> > Runar Furenes
> > Norway

> I am sorry but it doesn't work. Where in Norway are you if you don't mind me
> asking?

I flew over Norway last week in my bathrobe. I fear now that I may
have accidentally farted on Runar.

baglady

news:bh2fau$touct$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> baglady wrote:
>
> > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bh2ebu$tc1d2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> >> Look in the "Cookies" folder in Windows. Find the one with the
> >> right name.
> >> --
> >> "Delete it."

> > Umm.... I don't have any cookies in this folder. What should I do now?

> Okay, try this: Go to Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto Complete
> and clear the Passwords and Forms.
> --
> "That do it?"

Wicked..It's still there but greyed out. You're a very handy person to know.
Thanks.

baglady

"baglady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f34d5c5$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bh2fau$touct$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > baglady wrote:
> >
> > > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bh2ebu$tc1d2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> > > Umm.... I don't have any cookies in this folder. What should I do now?

> > Okay, try this: Go to Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto Complete
> > and clear the Passwords and Forms.
> > --
> > "That do it?"

> Wicked..It's still there but greyed out. You're a very handy person to

know.
> Thanks.

I've turned the comp. back on and it's still there. What else can I try
Trout? Thanks.