Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Photos viewable on DVD ??

Photos viewable on DVD ??

NewsOnly

Does anyone in the group know of any software which would allow me to put a
series of photos [a slideshow?] onto a disc which could be viewed via my DVD
player on my TV?

Yours hopefully ...

JR

MrToad

NewsOnly wrote:

> Does anyone in the group know of any software which would allow me to put a
> series of photos [a slideshow?] onto a disc which could be viewed via my DVD
> player on my TV?
>
> Yours hopefully ...
>
> JR

You'll need movie editing software & a CD burning program that can burn
SVCD's.
Place your pics into the movie editing software and save them as an
..avi, [adjusting the length of time for each pic to what ever you want,
10sec works good].
Now convert & burn the .avi as a SVCD with the CD burning software.

It will now play on *most* DVD's.

Microsoft's movie maker will work if you have WinXP & Nero can burn SVCD's.

MrToad

Barry OGrady

NewsOnly wrote:

> Does anyone in the group know of any software which would allow me to put a
> series of photos [a slideshow?] onto a disc which could be viewed via my DVD
> player on my TV?
>
> Yours hopefully ...
>
> JR

You don't say which model DVD player. On my cheap DVD player I can just copy
the jpegs on to a data disk and use the slideshow built in to the player.

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640