Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Get Rid of Compatibility-Mode Paging

Get Rid of Compatibility-Mode Paging

Nha Trang

Hello, I am having a problem with my computer. It seems to be running very
slow at times and will freeze as well. I believe the problem stems from a
TDK 52X CD Writer and Maxtor 60 GB Hard Drive that was recently installed in
my computer. Here is the problem:

When I go to Control Panel>Settings>System>Performance, I see three
sentences stating:

1. Compatibility-mode paging reduces overall system performance
2. Drive C is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system
3. Drive D is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system

How do I get rid of compatibility-mode paging?

Nha Trang

news:3f331319$0$158$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> "Nha Trang" <Nha http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote message ID
> news:MbEYa.668149$(E-Mail Removed). ca:
>
> > Hello, I am having a problem with my computer. It seems to be
> > running very slow at times and will freeze as well. I believe
> > the problem stems from a TDK 52X CD Writer and Maxtor 60 GB Hard
> > Drive that was recently installed in my computer. Here is the
> > problem:
> >
> > When I go to Control Panel>Settings>System>Performance, I see
> > three sentences stating:
> >
> > 1. Compatibility-mode paging reduces overall system performance
> > 2. Drive C is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system
> > 3. Drive D is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system
> >
> > How do I get rid of compatibility-mode paging?

> Hi
>
> Which OS?

Win 98SE

> Via google
> "130179 - Troubleshooting MS-DOS Compatibility Mode on Hard Disks"
> http://support.microsoft.com:80/supp...0/1/79.asp&NoW
> ebContent=1

Boomer

"Nha Trang" <Nha (E-Mail Removed)> wrote message ID
news:jDEYa.670893$(E-Mail Removed). ca:

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f331319$0$158$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
>> "Nha Trang" <Nha (E-Mail Removed)> wrote message ID
>> news:MbEYa.668149$(E-Mail Removed). ca:
>>
>> > Hello, I am having a problem with my computer. It seems to
>> > be running very slow at times and will freeze as well. I
>> > believe the problem stems from a TDK 52X CD Writer and Maxtor
>> > 60 GB Hard Drive that was recently installed in my computer.
>> > Here is the problem:
>> >
>> > When I go to Control Panel>Settings>System>Performance, I see
>> > three sentences stating:
>> >
>> > 1. Compatibility-mode paging reduces overall system
>> > performance 2. Drive C is using MS-DOS compatibility mode
>> > file system 3. Drive D is using MS-DOS compatibility mode
>> > file system
>> >
>> > How do I get rid of compatibility-mode paging?

>> Hi
>>
>> Which OS?

> Win 98SE
>
>> Via google
>> "130179 - Troubleshooting MS-DOS Compatibility Mode on Hard
>> Disks"
>> http://support.microsoft.com:80/supp...s/Q130/1/79.as
>> p&NoW ebContent=1

Above MS KB article is for:
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

Did the information in the article help?