Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HP Printer Driver ?

HP Printer Driver ?

Annika J

Hi all i have a HP Printer I got the printer when i had win98SE. I was told
that i could go to http://www.printer-drivers.com and there i could get the
driver for winXP. Thats the OS that i'm running now. I've been to the hp web
site but i can't seem to find the driver for the printer. The printer that i
have is a 612c deskjet. Can someone please help me find this driver. Thanks
a lot Annika

--
Bug Free with Norton 2003!!
AIM: trl802 & cherrypie110776

Patrick

Annika J wrote:
> Hi all i have a HP Printer I got the printer when i had win98SE. I
> was told that i could go to http://www.printer-drivers.com and there
> i could get the driver for winXP. Thats the OS that i'm running now.
> I've been to the hp web site but i can't seem to find the driver for
> the printer. The printer that i have is a 612c deskjet. Can someone
> please help me find this driver. Thanks a lot Annika

It appears that an XP driver isn't available from HP as you say.
Though HP says that a driver is available on the XP-CD.
Anyway what is relevent is the HP page (as link below), that gives
instructions for the installation of the driver from the XP-CD.
Also at the bottom of the page thiers a link to directions on how to access
the 'service panel' to do such things a 'nozzle cleaning.

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...09005&lc=en&#1

or

http://tinyurl.com/jd0k

Curt

Go here,
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...etype=software ,
select, click here to have hp automatically check to see if you need an
update. Follow instructions from there.

HTH,
--
Curt.
"Annika J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zlBYa.107319$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all i have a HP Printer I got the printer when i had win98SE. I was

told
> that i could go to http://www.printer-drivers.com and there i could get

the
> driver for winXP. Thats the OS that i'm running now. I've been to the hp

web
> site but i can't seem to find the driver for the printer. The printer that

> have is a 612c deskjet. Can someone please help me find this driver.

Thanks
> a lot Annika
>
> --
> Bug Free with Norton 2003!!
> AIM: trl802 & cherrypie110776
> ICQ: 59050073
> Yahoo!: Annika22_98
> MSN: Helann

Miggsee

Curt,
Please check out these sites. Just an FYI on long links:
www.tinyurl.com
www.makeashorterlink.com
(there are others, too)

newsWBYa.2485$(E-Mail Removed). com...

-
> "Annika J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zlBYa.107319$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all i have a HP Printer I got the printer when i had win98SE. I was

> told
> > that i could go to http://www.printer-drivers.com and there i could get

> the
> > driver for winXP. Thats the OS that i'm running now. I've been to the hp

> web
> > site but i can't seem to find the driver for the printer. The printer

that
> > have is a 612c deskjet. Can someone please help me find this driver.

> Thanks
> > a lot Annika
> >
> > --
> > Bug Free with Norton 2003!!
> > AIM: trl802 & cherrypie110776
> > ICQ: 59050073
> > Yahoo!: Annika22_98
> > MSN: Helann

Miggsee

You're a klooless, newbie jerk! Some folks news readers can't handle those
long links...they're useless to them. The word-wrap (know what that is?)
sucks.

I was being nice, and offering you a bit of usable knowledge. No more, no
less.

Grow up, little boy!

"Curt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9tEYa.2520$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> What? Are you envious????
>
> --
> Curt.
> "Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bgv2q3$suaan$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Curt,
> > Please check out these sites. Just an FYI on long links:
> > www.tinyurl.com
> > www.makeashorterlink.com
> > (there are others, too)
> >

> > "Curt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsWBYa.2485$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> > > Go here,

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...etype=software ,
> > > select, click here to have hp automatically check to see if you need

> an
> > > update. Follow instructions from there.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > --
> > > Curt.

> > --

> > -
> > > "Annika J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:zlBYa.107319$(E-Mail Removed)...

was
> > > told

> get
> > > the

the
> hp
> > > web

printer
> > that
> > > Thanks

Mara

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:06:45 GMT, Curt wrote:

>What? Are you envious????

Are you ignorant? Miggsee was doing you a _favor_, so that the next time you
were inclined to post a link, other posters wouldn't automatically ignore it
because it ran off the end of their screens or line-wrapped and didn't work. She
was being nice. You, however, were not.

"You are what you post."

--
There is no order to the universe, and no reason, and no cause.
We are alone and outnumbered, and the universe is a far more

Patrick

Curt wrote:
> What? Are you envious????

Ha, Ha ha, ha ha!, that was so droll, Ha ha, Ha ha, ha ha
Look at my post, I,ve got a bigone *and* a smallone, so *I,m* not envious,
Ha ha, Ha ha, ha ha

-

-
>> -
>>> "Annika J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:zlBYa.107319$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> told
>>> Thanks

Mara

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:50:26 -0400, Miggsee wrote:

>"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:06:45 GMT, Curt wrote:
>>
>> >What? Are you envious????

>> Are you ignorant? Miggsee was doing you a _favor_, so that the next time

>you
>> were inclined to post a link, other posters wouldn't automatically ignore

>it
>> because it ran off the end of their screens or line-wrapped and didn't

>work. She
>> was being nice. You, however, were not.
>>
>> "You are what you post."

>psst... Did you bring a weapon? <VEG>

I am always armed.

http://www.animalpark.org/medieval/i...xcalibursg.jpg

"Beautiful, but deadly."

--
There is no order to the universe, and no reason, and no cause.
We are alone and outnumbered, and the universe is a far more
dangerous place than anyone has ever told you.
--Camber Tremodian

Monsignor Larville Jones MD

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Annika J wrote:
>> Hi all i have a HP Printer I got the printer when i had win98SE. I
>> was told that i could go to http://www.printer-drivers.com and there
>> i could get the driver for winXP. Thats the OS that i'm running now.
>> I've been to the hp web site but i can't seem to find the driver for
>> the printer. The printer that i have is a 612c deskjet. Can someone
>> please help me find this driver. Thanks a lot Annika

>It appears that an XP driver isn't available from HP as you say.
>Though HP says that a driver is available on the XP-CD.
>Anyway what is relevent is the HP page (as link below), that gives
>instructions for the installation of the driver from the XP-CD.
>Also at the bottom of the page thiers

"there's"
HTH

> a link to directions on how to access
>the 'service panel' to do such things a 'nozzle cleaning.

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

- Panama!"

- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

Monsignor Larville Jones MD

"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You're a klooless, newbie jerk! Some folks news readers can't handle those
>long links...they're useless to them. The word-wrap (know what that is?)
>sucks.
>
>I was being nice, and offering you a bit of usable knowledge. No more, no
>less.
>
>Grow up, little boy!

You're just jealous, 'cos his links are longer than yours, Mme.
Miggsee.

Ner-ner-na-ner-ner! ;o

--
zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend