Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: OE6 oddity

Re: OE6 oddity

°Mike°

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;318378

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:13:03 +0000 (UTC), in
<bgufcv$s25$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bob scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:43:44 +0000 (UTC), in
<bgukmv$mvr$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bob scrawled:

>Thanks.
>
>> How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
>> in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;318378

>> >I've just installed XP Pro on my second hard drive (Win 98se on the

>first)
>> >and it's all gone smoothly so far, with one minor glitch. My OE6 seems

>> >lose it's toolbar every so often, especially when I'm hopping from Inbox

>> >Outbox to NGs. Right clicking, deselecting Toolbar and reselecting it

>seems
>> >to do the trick, but this is really annoying me.
>> >
>> >There's an optioin in Win 98 to repair the IE/OE installation, and I

>can't
>> >find it in XP - could someone advise?
>> >
>> >Many thanks.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

Bob

I actually chickened out of fiddling with the registry, and discovered what
the problem was and fixed it - I'd customised the toolbar for the main
Inbox/Outbox, but for reasons which I neither understand nor care about,
those customisations didn't carry across to the Hotmail and NG folders, so
the toolbar display got confused when I swapped between them.

Resetting the toolbar to its defaults resolved the problem.

> You're welcome.

> >Thanks.
> >
> >> How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
> >> in Windows XP
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...b;en-us;318378

> >first)

seems

Inbox

> >seems

> >can't

> >> --
> >> Basic computer maintenance

> Basic computer maintenance

One More Wireless-to-Wired Oddity J Wireless Networking 1 01-02-2006 06:37 PM
PIX 501 PDM Oddity Hank Zoeller Cisco 2 05-20-2005 02:48 AM
803 password recovery oddity Cas Cisco 5 05-13-2005 09:41 AM
split commands oddity rxl124@hehe.com Perl 3 01-29-2004 07:59 AM
Re: OE6 oddity Monsignor Larville Jones MD Computer Support 0 08-10-2003 02:08 AM

Advertisments