Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Installing/Converting Windows NT 4.0 Fat OS Onto NTFS HD

Re: Installing/Converting Windows NT 4.0 Fat OS Onto NTFS HD

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"chino2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgu9fj$qvn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi-
>
> We're looking to take a Windows NT 4.0 OS currently on a 2 gig fat

partition
> and creat an image file out of it so as to place it on a 7.8 gig partition
> on a 30 gig ntfs HD .. what is the best process by which to convert that

NT
> fat OS to ntfs? Must we do this before moving it over?
> Your input would be much appreciated .. chino2 ..

Convert to NTFS, then use DriveImage or Ghost to copy it.

Do keep it to under 8G for the boot, though.

Or copy it to 4G, then convert.

Conversion software comes with NT 4.0. It's the rather obtuse

CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS

command, issued in a command window.

RwP

chino2

Thanks for your help .. we were able to resolve it by inputing the - convert
c:/fs:ntfs command into the Run prompt .. as always .. we certainly were
grateful for all of your responses .. chino2 ..

news:20030807175600.327$(E-Mail Removed)...