Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Googling for a 403

Re: Googling for a 403

°Mike°

There's nothing sinister there.

Fetching http://home.earthlink.net/~landerfam/
GET /~landerfam/ HTTP/1.1
Host: home.earthlink.net
Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
Last-Modified: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:10:42 GMT

<head>
<title>Andrew Lander's Deceptively Simple Website</title>
</head>

It redirects to the 403.html page, which is just...

<head>
<title>Error 403: Forbidden</title>
<!--
defaultStatus = "This is a political art prank.
It is a protest of the USA PATRIOT ACT and the war on Iraq
specifically, and the so-called 'War on Terror' in general.
The United States is neither a democracy nor a republic."
//-->
</head>

This website has been blocked pending investigation by order of
the United States Department of Homeland Security.<br>
Your IP address has been recorded, and further attempts to access
material on this site may subject you to federal subpoena, search,
detention and/or prosecution.<br>

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:09:36 -0500, in
<7UvYa.38$(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com>
longshotjohn7 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

> There's nothing sinister there.

I bet you tell everyone how the magician does his tricks
--
slumpy
no more

°Mike°

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:14:54 +0100, in
<bgu4up$sbj5l$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
slumpy scrawled:

>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
>threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
>
>> There's nothing sinister there.

>I bet you tell everyone how the magician does his tricks

But doesn't everybody already know?

--
Basic computer maintenance

bb3

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:19:13 GMT, in
> <BKwYa.91334$(E-Mail Removed)>
> bb3 scrawled:
>

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> There's nothing sinister there.
> >>
> >> Fetching http://home.earthlink.net/~landerfam/
> >> GET /~landerfam/ HTTP/1.1
> >> Host: home.earthlink.net
> >> Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
> >> Last-Modified: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:10:42 GMT

> >> <head>
> >> <title>Andrew Lander's Deceptively Simple Website</title>
> >> </head>
> >>

> >> It redirects to the 403.html page, which is just...

> >> <head>
> >> <title>Error 403: Forbidden</title>
> >> <!--
> >> defaultStatus = "This is a political art prank.
> >> It is a protest of the USA PATRIOT ACT and the war on Iraq
> >> specifically, and the so-called 'War on Terror' in general.
> >> The United States is neither a democracy nor a republic."
> >> //-->
> >> </head>

> >> This website has been blocked pending investigation by order of
> >> the United States Department of Homeland Security.<br>
> >> Your IP address has been recorded, and further attempts to access
> >> material on this site may subject you to federal subpoena, search,
> >> detention and/or prosecution.<br>

> ><snip>
> >
> >Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

> Sam Spade for Windows
> http://www.samspade.org/ssw/

Thanks Mike.

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

>>> There's nothing sinister there.

>> I bet you tell everyone how the magician does his tricks

> But doesn't everybody already know?

Well *I* do....
--
slumpy
no more

°Mike°

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:42:27 GMT, in
<n4xYa.91375$(E-Mail Removed)>
bb3 scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:19:13 GMT, in
>> <BKwYa.91334$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> bb3 scrawled:
>>

>> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

>> >Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

>> Sam Spade for Windows
>> http://www.samspade.org/ssw/
>>

>Thanks Mike.

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Boomer

"bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:BKwYa.91334$(E-Mail Removed):

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There's nothing sinister there.

[snip]
>> <head>
>> <title>Error 403: Forbidden</title>
>> <!--
>> defaultStatus = "This is a political art prank.
>> It is a protest of the USA PATRIOT ACT and the war on Iraq
>> specifically, and the so-called 'War on Terror' in general.
>> The United States is neither a democracy nor a republic."
>> //-->
>> </head>

>> This website has been blocked pending investigation by order of
>> the United States Department of Homeland Security.<br>
>> Your IP address has been recorded, and further attempts to access
>> material on this site may subject you to federal subpoena, search,
>> detention and/or prosecution.<br>

> <snip>
>
> Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

View> Source can also work to get the above

longshotjohn7

°Mike° wrote:

>>> Sam Spade for Windows
>>> http://www.samspade.org/ssw/

yep, thanx,,,,,,,at least I know that they won't be coming to take me away
ho-ho-ha-ha-hee-hee for awhile yet...to the funny farm--where life is
beautiful all the time....(what key is that in for the guitar?)

"sorry, Slumpy, he is still out and about"

(;o)
--
longshotjohn 7

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

bb3

news:3f32a22d$0$159$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:BKwYa.91334$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> There's nothing sinister there.

<snip>

> > Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above accomplished?

> View> Source can also work to get the above

DOH! I didn't even think about that. Thanks dear.

Boomer

"bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsxxYa.91419$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f32a22d$0$159$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
>> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:BKwYa.91334$(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>> > "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> <snip>
>> >
>> > Just out of curiosity, how is what you've done above
>> > accomplished?

>> View> Source can also work to get the above
>>

> DOH! I didn't even think about that. Thanks dear.

Welcome, darling.