Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Search for phrase

Re: Search for phrase

bb3

"Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I edit a quarterly 36 page magazine. After I have all the new material
> typed I use miscellaneous stuff, humor, etc to take up space in the
> composing stage. I have a fear of repeating material from an earlier

issue.
> Does anyone know of a search program where I can search a directory (not a
> file) for a specific phrase? I'm aware of XP's search and Word's search

or
> goto but they are not quite satisfactory for my purposes.

I don't know what OS you're using, but in Win ME open Windows Explorer,
click the Search button (or press ctrl+f). You'll see a new pane open at
the right. You can search for files by name or containing text. In the
Containing Text box, just put the phrase you're looking for and it should
find it in the actual text of the file.