Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > what is it

what is it

diane

does anyone know what mozilla quick launch is and do i need it

rifleman

In article <nOqYa.650006$(E-Mail Removed) >, cc22
@shaw.ca says...
> does anyone know what mozilla quick launch is and do i need it

It's a utility whereby a certain amount of the program is kept in memory
so (in theory) the application starts up much more quickly than if
started from cold.

Do you need it? if you MUST start your browser in nano-seconds then yes.
if not, then no.
--
(I may be wrong...I usually am....)
Google is your Friend

Jim PKP

In article <nOqYa.650006$(E-Mail Removed) >, cc22
@shaw.ca says...
> does anyone know what mozilla quick launch is and do i need it

It'll put a small icon beside the clock on the bottom-right of your
monitor. No, its not necessary

--
| http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | PKP |

Flash IV

diane wrote:
> does anyone know what mozilla quick launch is and do i need it

While you don't need Mozilla quick launch, I find it does in fact
decrease the time it takes for Mozilla to start considerably. I did a
re-install of Mozilla 1.5 alpha recently, just because the quick launch
stopped working, and it was worth the re-install time.

FlashIV