Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Messages roll off too soon

Messages roll off too soon

fish

How can i prevent these messages from rolling off after 5 days?

Thank you.

Brian H

fish said:

> Thank you for fast reply. I did that already, do i need to delete my group,
> then add it back in?

You shouldn't need to, but knowing how easily OE gets screwed up, it might be
worth giving it a try.

> "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%ApYa.7015$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> fish said:
>>
>>> How can i prevent these messages from rolling off after 5 days?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

>> Tools | Options | Maintenance
>> Actually, whilst you are there, turn off the option to compact messages in
>> the background, as it is usually responsible for corrupting OE's database.

trout

fish wrote:

> How can i prevent these messages from rolling off after 5 days?
>
> Thank you.

As Brian mentioned; but bear in mind that if you don't actually
download the messages, they'll only be available as long as they're
available on the server.
You'd need to view the messages once, or synchronize the newsgroup
to retain everything.
--
"Although I can't imagine wanting to do *that*."